Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I suggested renting a bit behind us for a garden and she said no rent just do whatever I wanted.
I have neighbors that have a garden on our property. She asked about renting it too. I said, heck no! Surprised the pants off of her when I rototilled it for her. :lau

I need people to talk garden and chicken stuff with. DH isn't much for that kind of chat.

Had a visitor tonight.
O.jpg

I do not such great neighbors,lol My nice neighbors are a street away,lol

Well, yesterday wasz a long day in AA. Took hub to ER with lots of pain again. Hernia still there but not bigger. However, he has an infection in the colon. Left him there while I went on to my appointments. He had the good stuff called truth serum,lol (Morphine)

Will051622AA.jpg

On my side, nothing wrong with my jaw, nor teeth. No ear infection. But it is Trigeminal Neuralgia. Horrible. Apparently I am so stressed that it is triggering the nerves to act up. On meds for the pain but it is not working. Walked the life of me all day too and I was also able to squeeze the booster for hub as well. We made it home almost at midnight. Yes, we stopped to eat in Brighton. We left AA around 7pm. Exhausted but all I wanted was to kiss the girls good night. I talked to them via the cameras throughout the day. They did not care that I woke them up. They seemed happy to see me. Especially Monica whom I call Pelossi because she is the talkative hen of them all. So she must be the speaker of the house,lol I told hub that she yold me that they were all alone all day and that did not go out to play. I apologized and promised them that today I would and I did.
The contractor of the roof came and changed some light fixtures for me in the kitchen and the laundry. I still have to put some killz and re-paint the ceiling but they look nice.

knewlights051722.jpg Lnewlight051722.jpg

Took a nap around 4 and up by 6. Left them out for the evening and just got them back in. They are such good kids at times. The Wyndottes always find a way to go one side of the house and go around the front and back from the other side. They are more crazy. My six girls will not go that far out. Pitbull and the sebrights only go up to the garden and back. They do not go that far out either.

PibullChihuahuas.jpg

Uhm. How dangerous are coyotes? Or coydogs, maybe. To people? Like me. Directly.

I though the "fox kits" looked pretty big but I thought maybe they are about grown. My neighbor said the adults are at least twice as big. And one was trapped under they shed when she finished blocking it off. She could not believe how much noise and commotion it made or how big the hole was that it dug getting out.

She is seriously afraid of them. As in that they might hurt her.

I saw one of the adults last night. I didn't have a clear view (dusk, tall grass and other obstructions). I couldn't really tell how big it was but it didn't act like a fox. At all.

I did a bit of checking, fox kits typically aren't ready to leave the den until July. If these are really half grown or less, they will be way bigger than a fox.

The neighbors shed is about 50 feet from each of our houses. The new den is closer than that to my garden. I saw four or five faces watching me pull weeds yesterday... the first I've seen they since that first day.

I know they can take deer and good sized calves. I like to sit to pull weeds. I can change that but I will still need to be down to harvest anything. There is a fence but just a weak deer/rabbit fence.

I wasn't worried about the chickens. Now I'm rethinking that. The pit bull that visited couldn't get in. But she would have if she had had all night to try and had moved from trying to go through the metal lath over the openings to going through the wall. The walls are just pine boards.

I'd rather have the wood chucks and voles.

Last edited:
That's Seabright cockerel, hope you planned to have one.
Bigger than a fox/ Coyotes! Generally not dangerous towards at least adult humans. These ae too close, and may becoming acclimated to people, not so good. The coydogs and wolf-coyote hybrids are mostly out east and in Canada, as far as I know. BUT don't listen to me, call the DNR pronto!
Mary

Back
Top Bottom