Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Double impatiens that my wife coaxed to bloom.
23DA066E-E688-41D8-B89F-39740F1EDAFB.jpeg

Well it has been a few days since I have come back to this site. Several pages of posts to go through. Something was mentioned about composting. One of my favourite topics. I have a great big pile of tree trimmings from a local tree trimmer. It's not the ideal composition of brown to green but with a bit of work, I'll have brown gold soil by spring.. I'm so happy that I have a tractor with a bucket to turn that pile.
When I lived in the city I had to do all that labour by hand. But it was worth it.

The past few days I've been pulling wood out of the woods for winter firewood. I'm far behind for what I need. I have a bunch of logs that need to be bucked but to be honest, I'm a bit wary of the chainsaw since I hit my leg last week. On the other hand I have a bunch of good timber to pull out of the woods. There is easily 2 years of good firewood out there ready to harvest.

Mocha, darling, please do not do this....
I'm such an idiot! She wasn't broody; she was trying to lay an egg. However does one apologize to a hen?

I was so sure because there were the expected number of eggs in the nest so I "knew" everyone had already laid an egg that day. I must have gathered them earlier the day before than I thought I did. Then one laid late in the day - they do that quite often.

She wouldn't be going broody while she was starting a molt, would she?

I'm such an idiot! She wasn't broody; she was trying to lay an egg. However does one apologize to a hen?

I was so sure because there were the expected number of eggs in the nest so I "knew" everyone had already laid an egg that day. I must have gathered them earlier the day before than I thought I did. Then one laid late in the day - they do that quite often.

She wouldn't be going broody while she was starting a molt, would she?
BTDT.
She'll be fine.
They can go broody at any time.

Such a handy tool, buy 1...or 4.
I have a lot of uses for dog crates, of any size. The little one is my broody breaker. The big ones are used every spring to harden off plants for the garden. The crate keeps the critters out, and I drape a white sheet over to filter the sun while the plants are tender. And hold in the warmth at night.

A big one has been used to separate a bully hen during chick integration too.

And then there's a dog crate use too.

My garlic is done for the year. It's cleaned, sorted, and I have 60 cloves to plant in a couple months, and 160 cloves to eat over the next year. You plant the big ones and eat the smaller ones. Guess what I did with this one?
View attachment 3215553
Gobbled it up whole?
Hungry The Amazing Race GIF by CBS

Back
Top Bottom