Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

hello.. been a bit since I been able to pop in. We may be moving down south in the very near future (I know I have said that before), but DH has been asked to move for his job so now we will be. We have work to do on the house first, so that is what I have been doing.

I have not decided on what to do with the live stock, I only have the pig, quail and chickens left. I rehomed the sheep in the fall last year. I guess it depends on the new house.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Widget went broody 4 times last summer. So it was really only about 1x a month. :lau

I broke her as soon as I could tell, since I wasn't giving her eggs or chicks. I don't know how good a broody she would actually be.

But... I might find out! I'm really close to ordering Bielefelder chicks. I need to nail down when DH wants to do the coop addition. I also don't know if my neighbor will split an order, even though she's said she's interested. She hasn't gotten back to me with any more info other than yes, she's interested.

So, I might go ahead and order 3 Bielefelders and 1 Blue Australorp from Mt. Healthy. They have a 3 chick minimum; under 9 (I think) is a $30 small order fee. If I don't hear from my neighbor soon, I'm going to order and just cough up the money.

I need to talk to DH about when we will add onto the coop. I'm thinking May, for the warmer weather. But if we have the material and get some nice weather in April, we could get it done then. :fl

If Widget is broody, and stays that way and the timing is right to sneak some chicks under her, I will do that. I will have the brooder ready to go if needed. If the stars don't align and she isn't broody, well, I'll get to play with baby chicks!

Back
Top Bottom