Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

It's been a pretty busy week. I got the last of the felled trees from the transfer station. They opened the gates for me on Monday so I could get the last monster truck, I had to roll it 3 times to cut all the way through. I cut it into 3 6 foot long pieces. Even still each piece was almost too heavy for the tractor lift. It's all cut to stove length now and just needs to be split. A chore I'll leave for later when it is not raining. I ended up with an 8x16' wagon load and 3 6x10' trailer loads. Pretty good haul for free.

I'll be glad when I can get my shoulder and elbow repaired. This limited mobility makes it hard to do chores.

The northern lights could be seen down here over Saginaw Bay/Lake Huron. A few clear nights and you could also see the 5 planets in alignment. I love the skies here.

Chickens are all laying and I have more eggs than I can use right now. I have a dozen hens with half being 3yo and the others are 4yo. I'm rather surprised that these old girls are still working.

Looks like it stopped raining so I'm going to walk down to get the mail.

We're more for the darker eggs from our 6 BCM, with 12 girls and 2 ducks we have an abundance of eggs. Our daughter has all but boycotted the grocery store egg prices so she gets a couple dozen a week. Hoping to put a stand out and start selling this year, prices I'm seeing so far locally is in the $2-3/dozen area code. I would like to stop by some and see what color eggs they are selling just more out of curiosity. 😉

Back
Top Bottom