Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Rose, CONGRATS on your anniversary! I'm sorry I didn't congratulate you earlier. 41 years. WOW! (Good to know that you're WAY older than me, though.)

laura877 - okay, I don't even like that veggie but it looks yummy in your pic!

Bob - CONGRATS on the chicks!

Soooooo far behind.

Silkie pros...girl or boy? "It" is 17 weeks old, no crowing...yet, hatchery chick. I have two blue silkies that have super combs and wattles so I'm 99.9% sure those two are boys.

Really? lol

My pretty "Foxy" lady. She and Cuddles(my Isa Brown) are the most lovable chickens I have.

Frizzle my son got at Chicken Stock. He's so sweet.

My beloved Cuddles...and my only egg layer.
roll.png

The bopsie twins...no eggs from them yet either!

Enjoy you day y'all.
congratulations on your Anniversary! That is aw-some.
that sounds like the bee from H--l you may swell and ITCH for some time,,, may want to take some antihistamine. I had a friend that was stung by that type and her arm swelled to almost double in size, seems each time you get stung it gets a little worse. very itchy

No where else could I tell this story but here.

canning question

any one can tomatoes as hot pack and not re boil the filled jars? My mother always did it this way,,, boil tomatoes about 15min, then put in hot jars, with hot lids and you are done??

canning question

any one can tomatoes as hot pack and not re boil the filled jars? My mother always did it this way,,, boil tomatoes about 15min, then put in hot jars, with hot lids and you are done??
That's the way we do it because that's how my MIL told us to do it lol. I'm considering just freezing this year because I don't have enough jars lol.

Last edited:
Drowning is not passive, it is cruely aggressive. It is actually much more cruel than a bullet. Learn how to shoot a gun and do it the right way. Just saying.

My clematis was only 2 years old. I planted it the year my dad passed away. But it is good to know that it will come back.

VJ, the first silkie is a female. Pretty certian. I think the second, we'd need a better shot of the body from the side, but you are probably right... You can not see the wattles on Roger, but he has one heck of a walnut on his head, your white doesn't AND I was able to tell what that Roger was a boy from about 3 months... By the time he was 5 months, his comb was very well developed.

Wynette, glad nothing worse happened.

happy anniversary Rose.

Farmerboy, were you able to inseminate Belle in the time allotted, or are you still waiting for her heat?

Still waiting for her to go in heat.... :he I am sure that she is tired of me checking her rear everyday for the past 3 weeks. LOL
My boss told me that the hot weather might have delay her heat. I hope so.

Wynette- So glad that everything went ok! :eek:

Chickflick- Happy anniversary!

Back
Top Bottom