Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah I am so glad that your son and dog are home safe and sound. My daughter took off on me in Kmart when she was 2. They ended up locking everyone in. Well we found her about 20 mins later with a big goose egg size lump on her forehead under a clothing rack. Guess she was running and not watching and knocked herself out. Its funny now..but boy was I scared someone snatched her. Never want those feelings again.

HBH
So glad your testing was just fine.

YakLady:
welcome to the Michigan Thread. You will find some wonderful, caring people on this forum.

My new LF Black Cochins came in today from Star Cochins in Georgia. Oh my are they beautiful birds. Beth even sent me a surprise. A young splash rooster. They are such nice/helpful people. Ive enjoyed doing business with them and will again I am sure. I'll post some pictures of the pairs once I get a new digital camera as mine drown in the flood last month.

Happy Halloween !!!! looks like the weather will hold out for the kids. As here its usually snowing or freezing rain that night.

Also I'm planning on going to the Ohio Nationals in November. Probably be daughter and I so if anyone else would like to ride with us, you're more than welcome. Got room for a couple more passengers.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks Opa, I think so too!

27698_100_2243.jpg

Since today was nice I decided to clean out the van, vacuum it and wash the windows. I went in to get the vaccum cleaner and when I got back outside, not only were both dogs in the van waiting for a ride, but Elliott was sitting in the front seat! He is such a character! I guess the phoenix chased him again.

Thanks Brianna. I took it right after getting him out of the van.

A few weeks ago my wonderful BIL asked me if I would take another phoenix. The mother hatched out 2 babies and went berzerk, killed one and went after the other one. Anyway he was raising it in the house but did not want to spend another winter with a chicken in the house. He named it Re-Peep because it peeps then re-peeps. The poor thing was a little confused since my BIL also has tropical birds in the house, it thought it was a parrot. My BIL asssured me that it was a hen. Well the hen sure has some beautiful colors and some long sickle feathers.
idunno.gif
I now have 5 roosters and 12 hens.
barnie.gif
I think the barred rock roo is going to get an invite to dinner. i do have someone that wants the extra phoenix. Sheesh.. I am yacky tonight
duc.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hillbillyhen, that really is a beautiful picture. I have two roo's...one little Silkie that I rescued off the side of the road, and my boss-man roo, Jarhead. I think he's part RIR. He's always been really sweet to me, but he does a good job of watching over his ladies. I recently fenced in an area of about 1/4 an acre off their outside portion of the coop. I had allowed them to free-range all Summer, but I got tired of chicken poop everywhere. In the last couple of days, a few of them started flying over the fence. Jarhead would go after them. Since I used to have parrots (whose wings I would clip), I thought maybe I would clip my chickens' wings to keep them in. Today, I waited until everyone was in for the evening, and quietly picked them up one by one, bringing them out of the coop to clip a few feathers. Jarhead did fine when I picked him up and carried him out. I sat him down on a bale of hay, and put my hand on his back. He went nuts! He didn't try to hurt me, but just tried to get away. I quickly decided that he could keep his feathers and put him back in his coop. LOL! Not at all sure if my wing-clipping experiment will work or not, but we'll see.

HBH Oh my what a beautiful Roo. His colors are so vivid against the background. You should submit it for the weekly picture contest here on BYC bet he'll win!

We'll I am so thrilled I only have 3 more inside coops to build in my grainery building. Each stall is 8 1/2' x 9' with 3 on one side of the isle and 4 on the other with pop doors out into a 35 x 35' exercise pen that I will divide into 4 runs with a lean too roof. Hopefully I'll get the roof all on and attached before the snow start blow'n.

The upstairs of it I'm going to turn into a quarantine/hospital area and storage. Again I'll get some pictures once I get a new camera. Im off to check craigslist to see if any are available.

You all enjoy your evening. And sleep well!

Quote:
You know, Ive been blessed in life , I really have. Since my husband passed away in 2008 all of our friends have helped me here at the farm to keep everything in order just as when husband was here. A good friend of mine...Jim has been helping me with the grainery building for the last week. I do the cutting of the lumber, he makes sure its square and screws it all together and I put the wire on the doors. Its like an assembly line with the 2 of us working together.

I have learned so much about wood working in the last few months since I got my first chickens. Im thrilled to learn something new. Just sometimes wish, husband was here to enjoy them as much as I do. But then I think..he'd be so happy that Ive found a passion in life, My chickens!!! Life is good.

10233_halloween_pumpkin_carving.gif
Good morning all. It's still quite dark and I hate to think about the nasty weather we have in store for today. Hopefully it will improve before tomorrow so the little guys can have reasonable weather for trick or treating.

Oopsy what a wonderful outlook. I applaud your efforts and know you will find great rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom