1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Michigan

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Grammi, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    Hey Shelley when will you have some silkies and cochins? How do I put an order in?

Well first timer here letting a chicken sit on eggs and today I went out and she wasn't on it, she must of got down to eat and drink and someone else layed another egg in the nest box. I put her back on the nest but now there is 5 eggs one being put there today. I guess I should have marked the ones that were there so I would know which are which. One way to learn I guess.

2. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Howdy Michigan! Just popping in to see how you are doing. We've had a colder-with-more-snow-than-usual winter here in Oklahoma, so I am feeling a little closer to ya'll this season. Take care and keep warm!

3. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    I have a parakeet that is egg bound! Gave her a warm bath and have her under a heat lamp. Also putting oil at her vent...too small to try and get anything in her vent. Poor baby! Her mama died of egg binding. No more inside birds for me! Is there any thing else I can do for her? [​IMG]

4. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Quote:Experience is the best teacher, Briana. [​IMG] You may wanna go ahead now and mark the eggs that are there...just in case it happens again....that is, if you haven't done so already. [​IMG]

As for Silkie and Cochin chicks...I've got a boatload of Cochins and a few Silkies due to hatch on the 19th. I've started incubating a new set of eggs every 7-10 days. [​IMG] I think I've lost my mind! [​IMG] [​IMG] The Silkie chicks will be from my pure blue/black/splash pen. The Cochin chicks will be blue/black/splash mottled. They should be very cute! [​IMG] I'll contact you through my website, Briana, when the chicks hatch and let you know for sure what I've got available. They're all going to be for sale. I'll also be starting a thread here in BYC when it's closer to hatch time. [​IMG] If you already know how many you may want, just let me know and I'll be sure you get them. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  5. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Quote:Oh Rose, I feel for you. [​IMG] Sorry, I can't help, though. Have you started a thread asking for help? [​IMG]

6. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    Rose with that bird being smaller than a chicken it's a little harder but if you place one hand on it neck and firmly grasp with the other hand below the first and slide lower hand towards tail egg should pop out. [​IMG]

7. chickflick

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Quote:I'll give that a try, Sam, and let you know what happens. If the egg pops out, I'll serve it to you for breakfast!

8. wyliefarms

wyliefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Fowlerville,MI
    Good Evening!

The game is on and most of us are in the rec room!

Got to go and make milk shakes for the kids.

Then after half-time, I get to go and pick up the oldest from a church super bowl party.

Good Evening!
    Sarah

9. CATRAY44

CATRAY44 Lard Cookin Chicken Woman

Hello Everyone! How are you all doing? Getting ready for the storm on Tuesday?

For eggbound birds, chickflick, order Calciboost online. It usually only takes a couple of drops in the beak and the egg comes out soon after. It may not help this time, but a good product to keep on hand.

10. chickflick

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Quote:Thanks for the info!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by