Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all I've seen for this year so far:

Saturday April 16, 2011 6:00 AM - 12:00 PM
IMLAY CITY EASTERN MICHIGAN FAIRGROUNDS
195 MIDWAY ST. IMLAY CITY,MI 48444

Jen,
Thanks so much for the suggestion on worming the rabbit. I gave him his second dose last night and he is already drinking way less water. I'm such a dope, I never would've thought of it. Saved me a trip to the vet!

Quote:
This is put on by Michigan Game Bird Assn. Sellers spots are usually $15, no fee for buyers. All kinds of poultry, rabbits, game birds, equipment (usually have a vendor there like Twin Cities). Just an FYI: lots of "restaurant" buyers there, so be warned if you don't want to sell your birds for that purpose.

Given how my hens have been treating me the last few days, there is absolutely no chance that I could qualify as a Know It All. I keep a running total of egg production for the year and this year they started out slow. Twenty two eggs for the first fifteen days in January. Then they seemed to kick it into gear and I was getting 18 per day. For a flock of 27 I wasn't too displeased. Then about 10 days ago it dropped to 7 or 8, then 2 or 3. The last two days I haven't gotten a single egg and I can't figure out what is going on. They appear to be in good health, plenty of food, oyster shell, water, etc. Yet nobody is cooperating. Definately is a puzzle.

Quote:
Sam, I just popped in to find out if anyone else was noticing their hens not laying, and your post was the very last one in the thread! Mine were laying well beginning end of January, then have petered out. I haven't gotten an egg from my Marans pen in weeks. Even my layer pen seems to be on strike. So frustrating, but it makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one seeing such a drop off!

I am in the same boat with egg production. Was getting 6 eggs a day from 10 hens and am now down to 1 if I'm lucky. They better step up soon or else! Not sure what else but still!
tongue.png

Maybe it's this crazy weather?

Quote:
I am going! I love the Imlay swap!
ya.gif
Last year, we didn't sell anything, but this year we are bringing chicks. Some of the breeds include sebrights, easter eggers, seramas, and maybe some millie fleur duccles and oegb.
ya.gif

When we went last year, we saw alot of chickens, ducks, geese, pheasants, goats, sheep, quail, songbirds, and a bunch of other things. Oh, and peafowl and even some potbelly pigs and a cow.

It is alot of fun to go to!

If anyone goes, look for a black and red pickup and a red trailer. If you purchase some birds from us and tell us you are a BYC member, you will get a discount.

BTW: there is a swap this weekend in Newaygo, MI that we plan on going to.

Small Animal Sell & Swap @ Family Farm & Home
139 W River Dr,
Newayo, MI 231-856-4641
April 9, May 14, June 11 July 9, August 13 September 10,
October 8
8 am to noon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom