Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, I use Belles on M-40. Rarely go to the one in Bloomingdale. Yes, they are getting chicks next weekend. I will be going to check them out, but I am not buying anything yet. I told them I would be in to just hold them for a while, and Steve said no holding them unless you are buying, but I think I can get away with it. haha. And I am sure I will go to the auction. We usually go to the auctions. Definately looking forward to it.

Hotwings and Special Agent Husak, THE CHICKS ARE IN!! THE CHICKS ARE IN!! I went to the feed store today and the chicks are in. Cute little buggars. I am awful tempted to get me a millie fluer rooster. I lost one last summer, and would kinda like another. He was so beautiful and sassy. Are you coming out this weekend to go to the feed store Hotwings?

Last edited:
Quote:
YES YES I wanna go see the chicks. I don't know about gettting a bantam rooster. Jack would certainly kill him and if we get a chicks we will have to buy another 6 and I don't know if you could stand another 5 Millie Fleur hens ha ha. What kind of chicks do they have? If the weather holds up Dodge and I will be there.

I live in Oceana County, near Lake Michigan:) I am an owner of 99 chicks. ( Buff O's, RIRS, Araconas, Black Sex Links and Barred Rocks) I have a black frizzle hen, blue splash silky hen, various mutt chickens, some leghorns, Buff Minorcas and I also have a dog, 1 pig, and 5 ducks.
I am hoping to add on some turkeys and rabbits this year. I put my first pig in the freezer yesterday and I plan on keeping the second one until fall.

Hey Countrymama! I've been through your neck of the woods a time or two!

Sounds like you have your hands full with all that! That's a lotta chicks! Still in the brooder?

Since your close....have you ever been to Townline Hatchery?
Just curious-
Kathy:)

Hi everybody. I live in SE MI in Davison, just east of Flint. I don't have any chicks yet but am stepmom to my neighbors. I though that this chicken obsession was a disease that I need drugs for. My neighbor has also regisrered and I thought that if I check in with the other Michiganders (and folks from Indiana and Sw ontario) first that I could get everybody on my side. I know she's going to tell me that I still need drugs!!!!

It's all about the chickens. So, you probably don't need drugs, just some chickens, or talk to someone about the chickens. Go to the nearest feed store that has chicks and just hold all of them. Do not buy, just hold them.

KrisRose would end up buying the whole flock and yell "Dick, I need a coop" You don't know this chick like I do. Dick is my husband that she borrows when she need him. She's very involved in my small crop. I want to add a few more chickens this summer. And yes, she is over the top!! but we love her anyways!

Yer right Freebie, I need to go to the nearest feed and hold some peeps!!! I need to leave my moola at home!! I really need to come up with a coop. Its time to get my neighbor's hubby busy! ChickFlick has 2 australorps(Shirley and Lil'laverne) and 2 silkies (Scrappy and Mo). We love to feed them grasshoppers but you got to make sure you get your fingers back!!!

Its ok. Hotwings is stepmom to all my chickens. Though she has disowned Jack and want to have him for dinner sometime when she comes to visit. But Jack is here to stay for awhile. He actually spurred my husband, and he was like thats ok, he was just doing his job. I just want to say, that is not the norm for Jack. As her perfers the headbut, or chestbut. whatever it is called. He just doesn't do it to me. Everyone but me and not all the time. He is a good boy, treats the ladies right and protects the cats too. I think hes great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom