Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this morning the chickens started a rukus and I thought it was just Worf, my EE rooster jumping on a hen again. They will be so glad if I can find a home for him. He's like a pubescent 15-year-old boy who walks up to a girl, grabs her breast and says "do you wanna make out with me?" He just snags a hen by the head and tries to mount her. Some of them screech and run and a few knock him on his arse. Anyway, when I heard them I thought he was up to his usual. I looked out one window and saw my big male cat staring at something in the back yard so I went to the back patio door and looked out. There, 10 ft. from the run stood the fox! I just watched for a minute to see what it would do. It jumped in the air and made this clicking sound with its teeth and did a little sideways dance, I guess trying to flush or scatter them. I yelled at it and it just looked at me and stood there bold as could be. I'm not sure if this is the same fox that got my chickens last week or not. This one kind of looks like a young male to me. Thinner and younger than the first one. My dogs finally saw it and started barking their heads off and it still just stood there looking at the chickens. I went to get my boots to go out and when I came back to the door it was walking (not trotting or running!) of into the woods. I went to get my coffee and in 30 seconds it was back, circling the run and coop. Went back to get my boots again and yelled a few times and it took off into the woods again. I have been letting the chickens out every day for an hour or three as long as I am right there with them in the yard. I guess I won't be doing that again for a while. As bold as this one is it would probably grab a chicken right in front of me! I am confident it can't get into my run unless it starts digging way out and goes at it all night. I check every day for prints and digging around the perimeter of the coop and run, so I think they're OK.

Quote:
ABSOLUTELY!!! Right now as far as stuff I'm bringing that I've made, I have one, maybe 2 blankets and a bunch of baby hats. If you don't like what I have I will gladly make you something!!! I'm known for intricate, fancy blankets and I think most of those are gone I'll have to check. Sometimes I'll make things and put them up and forget I have them lol.

Another broody would be great. I already have 3 silkies and a frizzle sitting on eggs. There's lots of room in the barn for the girls to spread out so I haven't had any fighting. Your BCM broody would be really spoiled and loved here I promise you that!
celebrate.gif

YEAY! Oh my gosh, that's so wonderful! She wants so badly to be a mom.
smile.png

Quote:
ABSOLUTELY!!! Right now as far as stuff I'm bringing that I've made, I have one, maybe 2 blankets and a bunch of baby hats. If you don't like what I have I will gladly make you something!!! I'm known for intricate, fancy blankets and I think most of those are gone I'll have to check. Sometimes I'll make things and put them up and forget I have them lol.

Another broody would be great. I already have 3 silkies and a frizzle sitting on eggs. There's lots of room in the barn for the girls to spread out so I haven't had any fighting. Your BCM broody would be really spoiled and loved here I promise you that!
celebrate.gif

Im so glad you're coming, I crochet as well, but only in winter months, cant take the heat on my lap.

Quote:
thats so scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think somehow it needs to be trapped. Now that it knows where it thinks it is going to have a buffet he isnt going away.
What are you going to do?

Quote:
Pictures!! Take lots of pictures Keyt!!
big_smile.png

You know I will. I'll have to find a place to upload pics so everyone can see them and hopefully copy them. I'm looking for all my rechargeable batteries and getting them ready. Might be good to bring more than one memory card too lol.

2 more ducklings and 2 chicks have hatched with 7 or 8 chicks pipped. I'm sure by the end of the day I'll have most of them hatched. I'll have to see how warm its going to be to decide if I should bring any of them.

I'm SOOO excited!!! Especially after stressing all week thinking I wouldn't be able to go!!!

I'm just SO excited!!!

Quote:
thats so scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think somehow it needs to be trapped. Now that it knows where it thinks it is going to have a buffet he isnt going away.
What are you going to do?

I agree, you need to trap him and drop him off on Gull Island. He'd have a blast there today.
lol.png

Quote:

celebrate.gif

YEAY! Oh my gosh, that's so wonderful! She wants so badly to be a mom.
smile.png

Well, I have LOTS of eggs every day plus chicks hatching as I speak. It would be nice to have several broodies instead of running my incubators all the time. Oh who knows I just might do both lol

Chickwanna B - I usually crochet bigger stuff in the winter, unless we have the a/c on. I tore ligaments in my hand a few months ago so I haven't done as many projects since. But I'm sure I have stuff buried somewhere so I'll be looking when my daughter gets up lol

Chickmate - That's really scary. We have critters around here but fortunately I've never seen any of them around here. That's why we placed the pig's run right next to the ducks and chickens too just in case. I've seen fox and stuff out in the field but they usually don't come near the house until really late at night. Hopefully you don't lose anymore of your birds to one!!

Quote:
Welcome tsparrow! I'm a newbie too and I have to say this is a great bunch of people and quick to help out. I am planning on coming to chickenstock for a bit too. Maybe we can leave with a couple new chickies but I don't dare ask my husband now. I'll just pack a crate or bin in the trunk....just in case.
fl.gif

[URL]http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-looney-toons-014.gif[/URL]

My husband will have the truck so hopefully I will be able to fit a create in my little focus. I told him I needed a truck...
big_smile.png

Quote:
Welcome tsparrow! I'm a newbie too and I have to say this is a great bunch of people and quick to help out. I am planning on coming to chickenstock for a bit too. Maybe we can leave with a couple new chickies but I don't dare ask my husband now. I'll just pack a crate or bin in the trunk....just in case.
fl.gif

[URL]http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-looney-toons-014.gif[/URL]

My husband will have the truck so hopefully I will be able to fit a create in my little focus. I told him I needed a truck...
big_smile.png

We'll have a truck!!
celebrate.gif

Aric says that's what he's afraid of. I told him I won't have much money so there's nothing to worry about. He then said he still won't be leaving me alone if he can help it LOL But still, all I have to do is look at him sweetly and I get what I want lol

I just sold 6 chickens yesterday and 8 last month, we have PLENTY of room!!!!
smile.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom