Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
just to remind everyone what my van looked like on the way home from chickenstock last year:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/9221_100.jpg

I definitely need a truck or a van. I can’t fit that much in the little focus. I really want a turkey, so that might be the only thing I will be able to fit. Well, I may have to tell my daughter she needs to stay home to make some more room for the animals.
big_smile.png
Is anyone selling turkeys at chickenstock?

Rent a small U-Haul truck or trailer LOL

Uh oh...I'm contributing to the deliquency of a poultry keeper lol

That would be a great conversation " hey honey I am renting a u haul truck for more animals".
big_smile.png
I can usually flash a smile at him and he gives in, but I have some many animals he may put him foot down.
lol.png

Quote:
I hear ya! Although I'm beginning to wonder because Aric is outside washing out carriers. He probably knows I will do my best to come home with quite a bit. Although $45-50 isn't going to go far so he may be lucky! lol

So our next door neighbor often puts leftovers or whatever on a chair or picnic table next to our runs. This time it was a huge trash bag full of homemade doritos left over from his son's open house last week. The ducks, chickens and pig all LOVED it!! It's gonna take a while to go through all of that!

2 more ducklings and a chick hatched. I think I'm gonna be bringing a LOT of bantams. Some full sized but not as many as the bantams. 4 ducklings too.

GOOD MORNING, Michigan peeps! I am SO looking forward to seeing old friend & meeting new ones tomorrow!
thumbsup.gif

Chickmate, what kind of dogs do you have? If they are big enough, let them chase the fox away! Krisrose lets her dog chase the foxes and coyotes away.

Mmmmmmm! I can smell Opa's smoked chicken from here! I'm so afraid I'm going to forget something. I'm making my tuna salad right now so I can get it in the fridge. Put the dog crate in the car today and then put the roosters in it in the morning because I can't lift it alone full of roosters. Opa made some tethers for me, but I don't know if I need string things to tie them up with, so throw some cords or something in the car. Get the big cat carrier out for the two hens for Opa. Don't forget to bring something to drink. Oh, something to put water in for the chickens! Get that out right now. I have my big swan net in the car in case of escapees. Has that ever happened at Chickenstock, anyone lose any chickens that they couldn't catch again? I would be heartbroken to have to leave them there!

See you all tomorrow!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Yeah, if my big O was still here (Otis, my French Mastiff who passed away last year) that fox wouldn't show its face. Otis always walked the property marking his territory and watching for intruders. After he passed I went to the other extreme and got three Chinese Cresteds and the fox is bigger than them! They wanted me to let them out so bad but they would have chased the fox into the woods where it is a swamp and I would have had to bathe three dogs besides get everything ready for tomorrow. Also not sure the fox wouldn't have tried to hurt them. Or he may have mistaken my Sachi for a female fox and tried to get cozy!

44342_jimmychooverawang-1-1-1.jpg

Big O (still miss my big guy)
44342_amy_and_brians_vacation_273.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom