Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a brighter note, I ws put on one of those best of the web lists again today, that's always an awsome feeling.
wee.gif

http://www.etsy.com/treasury/ODk4MzkyOXw0MTYwOTA4Mjg/my-tropical-garden?index=1

Second row, first slot.

Quote:
See Saddina....I've already had a Vulcan mind meld AND the Men in Black memory wipe thingy already to stop me from perusing this site. LOL! You are an enabler I see and will get me in serious trouble with my DH.
hide.gif

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

ChicwannaB - I have to say, that's one of the most beautiful pics I've seen in many years (the baby cardinal) - thanks so much for sharing!

Wish I could take that EE boy, Sam - he's mighty cute! But.....I've probably got about 20 roosters/cockerels right now and goodness....unless someone gifts me a new barn in the near future, I won't be able to add much of anything this year.
sad.png

Hope everyone is well - looking to be a GORGEOUS day today!

YAY a Michigan thread!!! Hailing from Ionia. I'm a newbie to the chicken world. We are bringing our Silkies home tonight. I currently have two ducks, two dogs and a phsycotic cat, oh and a husband. It's lots of fun around our way. I can't wait to get pictures up, but I will have to figure out how I am gonna do that, because *GASP* we don't have the internet at home. I know its 2011, but I guess I don't feel the need to be constantly connected with everyone at all times. Now that I am rambling lol. I love being a BYC member, there is so much good info and fun and entertaing stuff. That's about it for now!

Hey MI friends! I know I pop up in a less than frequent fashion...but if you could help me out, that would be great.
http://www.refresheverything.com/chickenrescue
This is a project that needs all the votes it can get. I know around here there isn't much of anything for chickens or other poultry type fowl to get the help they need.
This isn't for our area, but I think the more things like this there are out there, perhaps it will just help to get the ball rolling...even if it doesn't, this is a great project.
You can vote daily.
If you have a bottle of Pepsi with a yellow cap, that gives you power votes if you enter the code on the cap.
Any help would be greatly appreciated...I'm spamming the crap out of everyone I know with this link. xD
It's on my tumblr, facebook and in my signature here....sent out some emails with the link today.
Everyone will dislike me soon enough!

Quote:
Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif

My sister and her family have lived in Ionia forever and I had a cabin on a private lake in Sheridan so we often went through Ionia. Hope you enjoy it here!!
smile.png

Quote:
I brought standard and bantam chicks so it's a good possibility. The only bantam roosters I have are the serama and silkies. Pretty boy is definitely the most active! lol

Quote:
A spoonful of sugar help the hiccups go away.......
roll.png

Sorry, just catching up, we've been on a fishing spree so I haven't had the chance to read up.

A very dear friend of mine almost died in a very bad car accident several years ago and now he has what is called Aphasia, a serious brain injury. He was on some medication that gave him hiccups every time he took it, but we didn't know it was the medication for a long time. He lived with me for a year while he recovered and we were mystified by the hiccup thing. The first time it happened he had hiccups for 9 days..even in his sleep! I remember my grandmother talking about spoonfuls of sugar so we tried it...and again and again til we realized it took 4 spoonfuls!! It was awful for him but it was the only thing that worked.

Now anytime someone around me gets the hiccups I yell sugar! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom