Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used a full size mag lite. I have some eggs that are real dark from the chooks I got from Avalon. I usually just use a little LED maglite, But Opa rigged a great little thing that makes the light beam more directly for looking in those eggs, I didn't use that, but along the same concept cuz the idea was just great!

Nova, you may have to use a larger print for Bobbry to see the message. You are sharing some great ideas but he may not be able to read them.

Last edited:
I used a full size mag lite. I have some eggs that are real dark from the chooks I got from Avalon. I usually just use a little LED maglite, But Opa rigged a great little thing that makes the light beam more directly for looking in those eggs, I didn't use that, but along the same concept cuz the idea was just great!
I would like a contraption that would help me see them eggs. I have tried sooo many times and just can't do it. Wonder what Sam's creation is.

Well I have knocked down 18 linear feet of firewood and haven't found a single mouse turd so far. No rodent nests, not even earwigs. There isn't even a whiff of critter scent in the pile or the dogs would have been all over the wood pile. The only ground rodent I've seen is a lone chipmunk in the front yard where the dogs and chickens can't go.
So much for the theory that keeping chickens draws in rodents.

The only upside to this exercise in civic futility is that I got 2 fence panels set. The downside is that my back is killing me and I probably won't be able to move for the next 2-3 days. I should have put Mom2 and her DH to work when they were here yesterday.
big_smile.png

I went ahead and sent Bob a PM, and I made sure that I put it all size 22, a near exact copy of the post I posted here. I thought about it after I posted, so I copied and pasted and made it big enough and then added some more to it. LOL.

HEY! How are you doing there EMAW! Long time no see online. How is Michigan treating you? Birds??

Nova, you may have to use a larger print for Bobbry to see the message. You are sharing some great ideas but he may not be able to read them.
Maybe if we all used the larger print on here, it might make visiting here more enjoyable. Folks with vision problems or just old tired eyes might appriciate our thoughtfullness.

Then we might get to page 50,000 quicker too!
lau.gif

Well I have knocked down 18 linear feet of firewood and haven't found a single mouse turd so far. No rodent nests, not even earwigs. There isn't even a whiff of critter scent in the pile or the dogs would have been all over the wood pile. The only ground rodent I've seen is a lone chipmunk in the front yard where the dogs and chickens can't go.
So much for the theory that keeping chickens draws in rodents.

The only upside to this exercise in civic futility is that I got 2 fence panels set. The downside is that my back is killing me and I probably won't be able to move for the next 2-3 days. I should have put Mom2 and her DH to work when they were here yesterday.
big_smile.png
If this were the case, your chickens would also eat them things! You should see my neighbors chickens when they catch a mouse! Its like gladiator in the chicken arena!

Maybe if we all used the larger print on here, it might make visiting here more enjoyable. Folks with vision problems or just old tired eyes might appriciate our thoughtfullness.

Then we might get to page 50,000 quicker too!
lau.gif
I just set my screen to 150%... That usually helps. LOL And I do not have old or tired eyes. I just have a headache so I end up squinting... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom