Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anny, those ducklings are beautiful. I think I just saw them at MJ's last weekend. So, how do you get away with havin ducks in Detroit?
hu.gif

Cindy - glad to see you back. Not having a computer is no fun at all! Time for you to catch up.

yeah! Anny they sure are Rouen X Magpies.

your little barred rock is way too cute!

Derek, those were the ducks you all saw. one more pipping already for tomorrows hatch. and i see a serama pipping.

gotta go and move some eggs into the hatcher and turn goose eggs.

nighty night!

Hi! I am here.

Keleka -- Visited your BYC page, nice! Is that a siberian husky you have? Is he/she good with your chickens? I've got one and haven't ever let him out while the chickens are free ranging. They go right up to his run and scratch and he doesn't care at all. His main interest would be running away!!!!!!!!!!!! He's nice to other small animals, but don't know about my chickens. He's always disinterested in what's going on around our yard and much more interested in what's going on in the woods or down by the creek. So, needless to say, he's either in his run or on a leash.

Hi ChikeeMomma. Thanks for checking out my page! I haven't updated it in a long time. Yes, we have a siberian husky, she is a girl (Sasha) and I could never EVER trust her around our chickens. She has killed 5 or 6 to date, and the last one I was right there. She kills anything that moves though. I have seen her get multiple squirrels, rabbits, birds, someones cat, and even a possum at 3 am! I heard her going crazy, went to investigate, and found a large, dead possum ten feet from the coop. We thought she might be ok with us with her and the chickens, but she got one anyway. It looked like she was trying to play but just tosses them around.

I would not recommend letting your husky out with chickens. In my experience anyway, it is just her instinct. Good luck.

Would you trust her?
100_3927.jpg

I love her anyway, she just gets locked up whenever the chickens are out now.

Yeah, I don't trust him (Kodiak). He is wonderful with the cats, though. I am thankful for that because some are not. Our neighbor just got a 3 year old, but didn't know the breed. He's had him a month and is looking for a new home. The neighbor dog has been in our yard and I know that he would definitely kill my chickens. At first, the neighbors thought he'd stay right in his own yard w/o fencing or tie out. That's every Husky owner's wish! Next time I want a collie! Had one when I was younger. I do love Kodiak, though! He was our first child! He's almost eight years old.

By the way, cute dog. Don't have a pic handy of Kodiak. He sounds like a wimp compared to yours. Doesn't like to bother anything that could scratch that beautiful nose of his, ya know. He'd rather stand back twenty feet and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark................................................

Evening all!
frow.gif

Beautiful dog, Keleka.
smile.png

What's everyone up to, tonight? I'm just sitting here waiting on chickies to finish hatching so I can put the next batch into the hatcher. I just put some heritage Delaware eggs from a breeder in the incubator. Been waiting on those eggies for a while.
ya.gif

Quote:
How silly! Is that Annie the giant Golden Retriever? My Aunt and Uncle had one (Max) and he was huge!

Well, the way to a golden's heart is thru her stomach! She will eat anything. Except chickens. Just lays there and rolls her eyes at me-"git em outta here, Ma!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom