Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all,
Glad to hear things are well with Opa, and that MJ is doing better. Soomi, I am keeping you in my prayers that things will work out for you.
DH's sister left yesterday to go back to Florida but she will be back soon as she has decided to move back to Michigan. YEA! More family!
Chickiemomma, I have been doing lots of canning also. My inlaws have a few apple trees so I will be picking and processing apples soon. Just trying to get caught up with some things around here.
Briana, allergies are hitting here too.

lau.gif
At least you have an excuse, I don't have any kids to mess things up around here. But then I don't have any to help out either. I did have company all week and she was a great help, she loved shoveling out the chicken coop!

Quote:
Soomi- go to the right to farm site here and call directly-
http://www.michigan.gov/mda/0,1607,7-125-1566_2311_2313-13052--,00.html
When I called them they said " does not matter how much land you have or how many animals as long as you practice manure management (gamps). This state law trumps township ordinances".
The RTF act was written for large feed lot farming but small backyard farming is also protected. Bad news is you might have to fight in court with a lawyer. Call and talk to somebody.
Good luck.

caf.gif
Morning all

Hillbillyhen your company left just in the nick of time because I think we all could use her services.
gig.gif
I cleaned my coop out last night after work and before I had to get the DD from practice. I tell ya the kids run me more ragged then the animals.
lau.gif
But you love them anyway.
ya.gif

I've been getting a dozen a day from my girls but what puzzles me is the fact that their shells are so hard but I am still getting at least 1-2 soft eggs in the morning when I go to feed and water before work(6 a.m.). I think some are laying in the wee early hours and not sure who and what to do?? Maybe new layers?? I do have 25 ladies and only a dozen a day. Should I be doing anything about this or just let it run its course??

soomi-- good luck!! You go and get them!! It's amazing how townships think they are God
somad.gif
!!

Welcome back MJ!!!!!

Have a wonderful day!! Off to work
celebrate.gif

Isa25 they maybe slowing down due to less sunlight, i started having a light come on at 8:00 p.m. and go off at 11:00. in there coop.

Going to see Rhandi today, cant wait, going to pickup 2 BEI Ducks and hopefully she will have some other little goodie babys i can buy !!!

One of Chucks co-workers picked him up this morning, and he was 40 mins late, drives Chuck crazy
barnie.gif
this guy is always late for everything

Well had a hard time getting turkey back to his own coop last night, Lauren my DD had to push him out of the duck pen and chase him back home. he must love us or something,

it was so funny this morning when i let everyone out, this little seabright bantam, try to do the deed with my amber sexlink, all it looked like was he was taking a ride on her back,
gig.gif
she looks back at him
hu.gif
like what the heck are you doing.

Quote:
can you or anyone tell me where or which number to call for Michigan farm bureau? I can't find any number on their website.
is it this website

http://www.michfb.com/legislative/action

I dont have my quarterly magazine anymore but here is the number for the branch in Imlay City. I would call them and ask for the main office number

Farm Bureau
144 E 3rd St # B
Imlay City, MI 48444-1371
(810) 724-6407

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom