Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning!

Yes things have calmed down at the Wylie's house
smile.png
We stayed home instead of going to church last night. I didn't need any more excitement!

Really foggy outside this morning. Drive careful if you are heading out this morning!

Sarah

I had a peeping roo. Elliott was chased up on our porch by the Phoenix Roo [he is the Big" roo in charge]. Elloitt jumped up on the porch swing and once he realized I was just on the other side of the kitchen window he did not want to leave. I did have to make him leave though, no chickens allowed on the porch.

27698_100_2242.jpg

Morning everyone.

I did not get back when I got home last night alot of excitment going on.

Glad to hear your babies are ok wylie.

Hillbillyhen-glad to here everything is good for you.

Miss_Jayne- congrates on the weight loss.

Good Mornin'

That is a very nice looking roo. We have the same rule tho, no chickens on the porch.

Busy day here with all the little ones, maybe I will be able to get a little laundry done. We are having ghost cookies today!
ep.gif
They are soooo excited about Halloween! It is adorable!

Greetings from Salem Township, MI (near Ann Arbor, next to Northville)! Thanks, Opa, for telling me about this part of the forum.

I really hate sounding stupid (fairly new to chickens, and I've only lived in Michigan for 3 years), but what is the Ohio National? I went to the Michigan State Fair for the first time this year, and had so much fun checking out all the livestock!

The Ohio National is in Columbus Ohio and unfortunately is held Nov 14-15 so I'll never be able to attend. It is one of the biggest chicken shows in the country. There is a rather nice show Fowl Fest in Frankenmuth MI the 2nd weekend of October. Never hesitate to ask a question. Remember the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. People are very willing to help others and I have made some wonderful friends.

Ok, thanks. I did a search on the Ohio National. I pulled it up, and hit a linkt hat was on there. It pulled up another poultry forum full of people who seem to really hate us over here on BYC. What the heck? Now I'm quite curious, and I'm going to have to keep reading to figure it out. From what they have to say, they're hoping we BYC'ers do not have the 'audacity' to go. I might just HAVE to go now. This is wierd. I just wanted to learn about how to properly raise my chickens.

I hit a button that said 'The Poultry Connection'. I wish I was kidding, because now I'm terribly confused and wondering if I've been doing this whole chicken thing incorrectly. Seriously, they say some pretty awful things about us over there. I'm not sure why. I did read something about how they feel we focus too much on our feelings about our poultry rather than facts in regard to raising them. ????Not sure if I'm capable of raising something without having feelings about them. Really...are we not supposed to have feelings toward our farm animals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom