Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I know I know... but all these mushy commercials they are putting out... and with one of my childhood favorite artists.... Sigh... Back in the 70's and 80's Cher was so
love.gif

Quote:
We are sooo blessed in the USA. My DD's impression of Jamaica was "those poor folks live in sheds.' Some do.

Migraine? Slow down, peppermint tea, time. I don't do the drugs... leaves more for the people who want/need them!

Good Morning!

Today is the first time since Thursday that I have been able to exersice. Worked out to Leslie's walking tapes. Made it 3 miles
smile.png
Off to shower and then run to the store and coop for chicken feed. Oh and deliver some eggs too. Wasn't able to this weekend and the lady wants to bake today
lol.png

Have a great day and enjoy the food fest tomorrow!

Sarah

Sounds like everyone is getting ready for the big day tomorrow. We are going to my moms, so I just have to make corn bake and a couple of pumpkin pies. Easy breezy, lemon squeezy as Miss Jayne would say.

We just picked up a doe and a small buck we had processed. The freezer is overflowing, which is a huge blessing. My DH is excited about all the roasts we can have. I throw them in the crock pot, mix up a can of cream of mushroom soup and half a can of cola, pour it over the meat and let it cook all day. So yummy and tender when it's all done. I did not eat venison growing up, but I love it now, and I love that it is healthier than most other red meat.

YakLady---so glad you checked out the chickens in the road blog. Her recipes are so yummy. My 11yo dd likes to make the grandmother bread.

Sarah----I hope you all feel better for your family xmas this weekend. I have spend holidays at home due to sickness---my own or the kids, and it is always a sad feeling.

Have a great day, I am going back into my lurking mode again.

I agree with Opa. I'm not getting up to go shopping at 4am. Been on the other side for too many years, working retail. Every holiday was ruined. I'm staying home and chilling out!! Happy Thanksgiving to all. Hope you all have a great day filled with lots of love and food!!

Ok I found out the hard way.....

When having kids help in the kitchen to double check everything! Pumpkin pie minus eggs = runny pumpkin pie. Apple pie is in the oven, so will try a pumpkin pie again after lunch.

One bonus is we can eat this pumpkin pie tonight for dessert
lol.png

Sarah

Hello all, I juat wanted to say that I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow! If anyone out there is spending it alone and would like to sit at our table please PM me as we would like to share.

Tomorrow is also DH and mine's 22 anniversary.
love.gif
It's extra special because we got married on Thanksgiving. [I don't think we are going out to celebrate tomorrow
tongue.png
]

Opa, please tell Granny Happy Birthday for us!
celebrate.gif

Well off to do some more baking!

Happy Thanksgiving eve everyone. I am so excited......My chicks will be hatching soon:jumpy

I put the eggs up to my ear and could hear them peepin inside. I have a few muts in there, some really nice black frizzle cochins, and 5 showgirls. I never thought I would be hatchin in the cold months but when my new showgirls started laying fertile eggs, I had to get the bator out and fire it up.

The muts I hatched over the summer are so beautiful. They were crossed with my americana roo and boy does he make some pretty babies. I am keeping most of them for my 2010 laying flock. When you hatch mut chickens it's kinda like Christmas. When the egg starts cracking you get something different every time
celebrate.gif

The kids will get a kick out of hatching on Thanksgiving.

I am cooking tomorrow but its only for my kids, hubby, and Oopsy. It will be nice not to have a ton of people over here for once. I think I will stay in my PJ'S all day. I bought the kids some jumbo cookie cutters so maybe we will bake some cookies and decorate them tomorrow while dinner cooks.

This Thanksgiving is going to be a day of fun and relaxation. I hope you all enjoy your day, we all have so much to be thankful for.

-Jamie

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all!! Hope everyone has a great day! I plan to spend the day relaxing at home with my family and friends. Of course that involves making food all day, but I love that part as well. Got a nice bottle of wine to keep me company in the kitchen, though I usually am not lonely. Everyone seems to migrate to my kitchen. Don't have a lot of people coming, but I usually get some extras. Our friends and family always know where they can go for a holiday meal.
Hope everyone remembers to be thankful for all their blessings and remember those less fortunate!! Have a great Thanksgiving!!

I will post some photos. I can't wait to see the showgirl chicks. Those naked necks are so ugly....their cute!

My luck everything but the showgirls will hatch.

Boy that would stink.

I need to get my paws on a pair of white showgirls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom