Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omigosh, Opa, too funny! I have a similar story about my oldest daughter, who is now 18.

When the kids were little, I collected porcelain Santa villages. Every year, we would get a new piece for the village and set it all up on the fireplace hearth, which was huge. My daughter, Mandy, used to fight non-stop with her younger brother, David. When Mandy was 5, and David was 2 1/2, they were fighting in front of the fireplace over which stocking belonged to whom. David pushed Mandy and she fell with the flat of her palm on top of a ceramic elf. The elf's candy cane snapped and sliced the palm of her hand, requiring stitches. I took her to the ER, and the triage nurse said, "Honey, what happened to your hand?" My little 5 year old, curly-haired cherub replied, "My brother pushed me onto an elf and he cut me with his candy cane!" The nurse looked at me and said, "You're going to have to explain this one, Mom." This is one of those family Christmas stories that is told year after year.

Good Morning guys/gals,

My wife just called me and we have our first broody - a bantam brahma hen.
celebrate.gif

She is sitting on at least one egg and will not let my wife near it. Should I let her try to hatch them when its this cold outside or just take them from her?

Zepher Creek: Glad you are on the mend. That sure was a long haul for you. Hope you're 100% by christmas.

HBR: Your daughter is in my prayers to heal quickly.

Vicky: My gosh what an event. And HBR is right, I would vote for capital punishment in this state. As it seems humans are getting out of control with murder and other haynes crimes. As my grand father would say "an eye for any eye" Make examples out of a few, and maybe it would come under control?

Opa and YakLady: Thanks for sharing your family stories. When I first moved here to the farm, I had to paint all the barns so daughter was at school , husband at work and Im up way high doing the trim on my horse barn. Ive never been fond of wearing any footware so wouldnt you know, the phone rings in the barn, Im coming down the ladder and figure, heck just jump/slide down. Well here is a 4x4 with a pole barn nail sticking up and right through the bottom of my foot in between my big toe and second toe. Now its stuck though the bottom of the board and attached to my foot. So now what? This board is about 8 foot long and no one home to help me. No cells phones way back when, so here I am stuck. So I drug myself over to the pasture gate...put the board under one of the rungs on the gate and had to pull my own foot off the board. And here I thought child labor was bad. OH MY did that hurt. Off to emergency room I go and with a manual stick truck to boot. Needless to say I still hate wearing shoes and just stepped on another nail under the barn where I keep my meat birds, this summer. Silly fool!! lol

Eggcellent: Congrats on your broody. Have to send us some pictures when your eggs hatch.

Last edited:
thanks for the comments on the pic guys...yes, the tags made the sunglasses! howwwwwwwwwdeeeeeeee indeed.

and that trail cam pic was awesome.....

why do cats have to poop in their cat boxes when you are in the area of the cat box to do something....ugh.

Ewwwww! Our cat, a barn cat, likes to poop in the horseshoe pits - GROSS! It can be funny though when your friends play shoes and find out the hard way
wink.png
Ha-ha-ha, isn't that evil?

David and just finished putting the roasts from 2 hindquarters in a brine solution. They will stay there for 5 days then taken out, dried, rubbed with black pepper, placed in string bags, and finally smoked and cooked. End result an incredible pastrami ready for slicing. Who needs the grocery. Next week hard salami.

Hillbilly Hen: I missed your picture, so I went back hunting for it. And Briana is right, you should print and frame that. Its beautiful.

I put a trail cam up here last year for a friend of mine. Darn thing was brand new, and the software couldnt download the pictures to my computer and it was full. I still have it here as he said it was junk. wonder if I could download maybe some updated software for it ?

Quote:
OKAY OPA!! no fair. Pastrami and hard salami are my favorites for sandwiches. And I could live on them. Never had venison pastrami though. Maybe I'll check at the Country Smoke House around the corner and see if they sell it. I bet its delish!!

Vicky: I saw the escapee story online last night. Idiots.
Opa, YakLady, Oo-Daisy: Thanks for the foot-impalement stories. Made me chuckle.

Here's ours: I was busy with the financial advisor at our dining room table. First time meeting with him, and he wanted to meet in our home. The kids were playing Monopoly on the floor, our roly-poly Godzilla baby stomped through the middle of the board, and managed to impale the cannon playing piece in her little chubby foot. It was buried up to the base. I didn't even know which piece it was til the kids took inventory and said "Must be the cannon."

Finance guy turned white and was looking pretty puny. All I could think was "Don't pass out on me dude. I've got a baby to take to ER with other kids in tow. You are on your own." We kept the finance advisor, wonderful guy, and years later he mentions the cannon in the foot everytime we run into each other.

Sooo...we got the snow at our place. It's still coming down and it's gorgeous! I shoveled a path from the coop's pop door out to the shelters in the chicken run where their food and water is (at least for now!). The duck made a beeline. The bantams hesitated, then flitted out to the food. The Rangers stopped and ate snow for awhile before they spotted the food. Then they muscled their way through. They were all still outside the coop last I saw.

Stay warm, neighbors!

No power for us. My husband had to come home from work to get the generator up and going. I got my cousins kids here today. Out in the sticks no power = no water and no heat. A generator was the first big thing we bought after we built the house. Lap top is good cause it is charged. Wish us luck on getting DTE out here to restore power. Last time it took them 4 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom