Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunter's Safety programs are extremely worthwhile. They have resulted in the number of accidents dropping dramatically. Several years ago I taught the hunting ethics portion of the program. I really enjoyed seeing all the young people getting enthusiastic about hunting.

Quote:
we are in the corunna, owosso area depending on how far you are we could drive to pick them up. hopefully your relatively close

I'm in Brown City...not EXTREMELY far from you. I've made the drive to Owosso before...not a bad ride. I could meet you in Lapeer to get them.
wink.png
So I'll put you down for 1 jumbo pekin female and 1 male, correct?

what would our total cost be??

10233_coffee_4.gif
I sure will be glad when sunrise catches up with daylight savings time. I hate waking up with so long to wait for the dawn. Still waking up is such a wonderful thing to do each day I'm not complaining.
The new chicks are still in the house and are surprizingly quiet. I guess if you have warmth, food, and water there isn't much to complain about. Like always it is quite a treat to be able to witness jjust how fast they grow. Feathers are starting to come in and while I now what the welsummers and the ISA browns are going to look like, I haven't a clue as to what the two ameraucanas are going to be. One is light and the other is dark so it's going to be interesting to see what they become.

I have a question that I've been struggling with. I have seven laying hens that I really enjoy. I would like to get more but I'm wondering what everyone does with their flock when they go on vacation. Do you depend on family members to care for the birds or are there services available to come to your place for a fee?

he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

I could not sleep all night (woke up at 12:30 after going to bed at 11pm). Now I'm so tired I'm sick to my stomach. Of coarse I have to work today.

he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

On a good not Kathy is picking up my new Lavender Gosling from Vicki this morning.

love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

It's that darn Gosling Fever!

Quote:
I have my son come and take care of mine but my best friend would come and take care of them if I asked. Depending upon where you are located perhaps there is a fellow BYCer that you could ask. Lot of members in se MI.

I do have a couple neighbors that I could possibly turn to for help but I have not established any kind of relationship with them. It seems like a tall order to ask them to take care of my flock when I've never met them. I was thinking of hiring one of my son's friends to do it but there's always the trust issue. Is that what you do?

Opa, I'm in Howell also. Maybe your son would be a potential candidate? I don't want to just turn my flock over to just any neighbor that doesn't have "experience". I'm currently working on making my setup a little more user friendly so that I could have someone take over when I'm gone. Right now it's a little "half done" and a little too time consuming to manage. That's my project for this weekend actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom