Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Good morning Opa, I have a great cup of coffee in hand and ready to start the day. I have a question. Why do you band the chickens?...To tell their age? Thanks for all the great help you post on here. Have a great day. (By the way how do you know "sebaceous" ? Are you a nurse?). I'm a nurse and we remove sebaceous cysts all the time on people:lol:

Good morning. Looks like you were all busy this weekend. We were too.

HBH I am glad to hear your not getting rid of all you chickens. You and your husband seem to love having them so much. I hope everrything goes well for you.

Welcome to the new folks.
big_smile.png

Workout done this morning. This will be the third week. I really want to stick with it.

Quote:
The naked black chicken that I rescued earlier in the summer has grown most of her feathers on her neck and back now. However, she has large knots between her toes. They don't seem to inhibit her any, but now I wonder if I should catch her and squeeze them?

On Friday, Rachel's roo she won from Opa at Chickenstock, got his beautiful sickle feathers pulled out! We host ballet here and one family was a little to 'at home' in the yard. The mom let a little guy have a run of the place. He was in the rabbit hutch, in with the drake, and in the far coop by himself. I am assuming that the boy pulled the sickle feathers out. I was working and didn't see it all, but another mom did and didn't say anything to the mom or boy!
smack.gif

Rachel was planning on taking the roo to Fowl Fest, but with not having all his tail feathers, he won't do well. She is bummed.

The director of our homeschool group is writing a politically correct letter, so this doesn't happen again!
rant.gif
somad.gif

On a funny note: Some of Rachel's pullets have been chasing Emily's ducks. So to solve the problem, I had Emily, switch her ducks around and let the drake run loose and cage up the ducks. Well, when Rachel let the pullets out it was the funniest thing I had seen in a long time! The pullets were in for a surprise! The drake went after them and flew at the them when they ran. They were in shock!!!! Rachel wasn't too pleased, but Emily was glad
smile.png
The yard is plenty big enough for them all
smile.png

Have a great day everyone!
Sarah

Morning all! We went camping this weekend to an area campground that had a Halloween weekend, it was fun, except for the rain. I think it has rained every time we have went camping this year, what is up with that???

Keyt, if you need help wrapping your ducks wings, just let me know, I can show a good method for angel wing. Is the wing tip turning out at all on the tip or end? It was hard to tell in the pics? I might just be heavy from fast growth right now. What are they eating? Ducks/geese need lower protein than chickens after the first few weeks, to keep their growth for going to fast or they can have leg and wing problems. Waterfowl feed is general 15-16% with niacin added for them. The only time I had problems if when I couldn't get my duck food and had mine and straight chick crumbles and they developed angel wing quick and it was hard to clear up until I took them off it. Not all got it, some are more prone than others.

Had to a couple of cute pics I took Friday!
Puppies8weeks018.jpg

Puppies8weeks022.jpg

Quote:
When you are old you have picked up things.
lau.gif
It's been 19 years since I retired, but I was a captain on the fire department and a para-medic so I did pick up a few things.

Mom2emAll, I think I'd check it out if for no other reason than accumulated knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom