Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Unless my mind is forgetting someone that puts you one Diana ahead of me. LOL!

Should have seen when there were 4 Rogers talking together.

And I was one of them
big_smile.png

Some years back, DH and I went to Bike Week at West Branch,

We went with DH's friend Gary, and his wife Terry

Then we met up with Tom and his girlfirend Sherrie

Then DH's high school buddy Larry

Then Jerry and his wife Carrie

It was a little eerie, like a bad SNL skit.

Quote:
She was known only as "Naked Chicken"..because she was completely naked when I rescued her. She was hatched out last Spring. So she is a year old.
She laid white eggs. Then she quit laying and started crowing. Now that she is with a rooster, does she crow?

Im glad that things are going well for her and you.
smile.png

I was wondering about her.

I have not seen her crow but I am not shore she has stopped. As it warms up I will be spending more time out there up dating the coop. I think she is in need of a new name. The roo I am going to breed her with when she starts laying is named Black Pearl. Does anyone have any suggestions?
cool.png

Quote:
They all seem to work to some level, but they seem to indicate that the best one and the best price is the Hova Bator from Gof Mfg. at www.GOF mfg.com.

I'm going to try the dry incubation by Bill Worrell this time, you can find the article by looking it up on a search for:'Incubation of chicken eggs by Bill Worrell' . We'll see what happens/.

Blessings

Harold

Good morning all. There is so much great info here I have started spending all my free time here. I was thinking about trying a dry hatch also. I've plugged in my incubators and have been trying to temp it right. Also I am going to try to make it to Chickenstock. Sounds like my kind of heaven. DH's eyes glass over when I tell chicken stories.

frow.gif
& welcome
big_smile.png
I will add your name to the growing list. My DH goes along with my chicken antics, supports them and now HE wants more BA's. But he makes sure to say that they are My chickens.
lol.png

Quote:

And I was one of them
big_smile.png

th.gif
That would have been a nightmare for me since I am so bad at remembering names anyway
idunno.gif

Quote:

And I was one of them
big_smile.png

Wife's name is Terri

<evil grin>

My dad, paternal Grandpa, brother, Maternal uncle and 4 neighbors
were all named William.

During planting/haying/threshing season, "Pass the biscuts Bill" had an interesting responce
smile.png

So I had a couple of days off and decided to sanitize the brooder and get it all set for chicks the end of April that are coming and then while at TS getting fencing with my 10% off your bill coupon, (deep breath) the clerk begged me to take these little fluff balls home cause they were already over a week old and he needed to make room for a new shipment that just arrived. OHHHHHH, Oh Kay!

40537_2011march_1.jpg

Quote:
So cute. Looks just like my calls did this time last year. I can't believe they have grown. I just came in from out there and the are now all black instead of all white. They didn't listen to me when I told them to get in the pond and take a bath lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom