Status
Not open for further replies.
I SOLD THE CHICKENS!!!!!!!
SEEEEEE YALL AT CHICKENSTOCK!!!!!
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

Hi all! I have been in deep denial. You may note that have posted that I was looking for a nice arm candy roo for my little flock, and have had a lot of reponses. After much consideration I decided I really wanted the Delaware that Hillbilly Hen offered me. I have been sooo looking forward to getting him (still am). To shorten the story. I got up this am to let out my four BSL and four red? pullets and before I got to the coop I heard what sounded like a cross between a stepped on Siamese cat and a broken baby doll. I shook it off and heard it again! One or more of my "pullets" are now baby roos
barnie.gif
Okay, one I was in deep denial .. older pullet.. manly girl.. etc. (even my mom who has never seen a chicken asked if this one was a rooster) I also have a second that I have doubts about. I was like, nooo, Because we all KNOW that TSC wouldn't mislabel anything
roll.png
Here's the problem, do I bring the one or two suspicious culprits to Chickenstock and hope that they get adopted, I like them but if they end up as dinner.. it's ok. I really wanted to have 8 females and now a cool roo. They are all super friendly and I think that they are RIR (that is what the sign said
idunno.gif
. I do know that I don't have the space for more than one rooster etc.

Sorry to hear about everyone's misfortunes.
RAZ, What about the Michigan Right to Farm Act?

Keyt, What do you have on Craig's list? PM me we are alwys looking for "stuff."

Thanks, everyone! See you Saturday

HenoftheWoods-

Bring them- you never know. Someone may be looking for just what you have.

I mentioned that I have baby muscovies hatch under Mama, and I have a home for them all. She lives in Port Huron. However, I told her there were fourteen babies. Today, I counted twentyone.
Does anyone want me to snatch a few of them and bring them along? I definitely do NOT want to take care of them the whole time I am there- and do not have a need to 'get them new homes', but if someone wants a couple I will bring them.

I will be the one running after the fifteen year old that is running away from Jen's spot with a rabbit tucked under her shirt...

Wendi - I sent you a msg with the stuff we have for sale. Just a little bit ago I added my grandmother's really nice oak drop leaf table and 2 chairs. It's great for a cabin, small home or apartment if anyone is interested. I hate to let it go but we need the money.

http://lansing.craigslist.org/for/2454869276.html

So the guy that came for my chickens almost didn't get them. When he called, he was talking to me like i was someone else. I then said I thought he had the wrong person, he was probably thinking of another ad. That ad they're selling chickens for outrageous prices! But he said he wanted mine anyway and he came out here.

My ad I was selling the Isa Browns for $10 each and the RIR x EE for $8, but when he asked me what I wanted for them I said $50.

I had them in the extra large dog crate waiting for him when he got here. The only thing wrong with them was the RIRxEE had some feathers missing from the rooster. Without even looking at them he handed me $40. I said "That was $50". He handed me a couple more ones and said "I have some change in the car, but I won't pay $50 for them!". WHAT? I was already giving him a chicken for free!!! He ended up giving me $47.75 in total. Whatever.

I've sold chickens that weren't near as good as those Isas for $10 each without anyone saying a thing. Aric and I were shocked at the way he was on the phone and in person. Some people want things free. I've given chickens away, yes, but these are very fat, very healthy, excellent layers!!!
he.gif

Ok, I'm done venting now lol.

Now I can relax a little bit on selling stuff. I'd still like to sell stuff so I can get my convertible on the road and pay a couple of other things but that's not as pressing as having money for chickenstock!!
celebrate.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom