Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had luck with the spoonful of sugar method, its pretty disgusting though you need to let it dissolve in your mouth
sickbyc.gif

Just thought I'd share this. I get alot of lovely birds in my yard now due to planting trees and flowers, and filling feeders. This spring I had a beautiful female cardinal on one feeder and a male oriole on the drink feeder at the same time:
92936_cardinal_and_oriole.jpg

Then just a few days ago I spotted a litter feller (cardinal) in the climbing hydrangea which really took off this year, lots of growth. Later I saw him on the ground and knew he was too small to fly and that one of terriers would get him if they spoted him, so I put him back up on a branch near his nest: he hopped right back into his nest, so I took his picture:
92936_cardinal.jpg

Then I stepped back a few paces and photo'd the hydrangea thats taken over the trellis on the end of my front porch, this is where the cardinals put their nest this year. First time they've nested in the yard that we know of. Very hard to find it in here. It's dense:
92936_cardinals_home.jpg

Yea. Power is back on. Only lost mine for a few hours, not like my friends that have been out since Saturday.

Quote:
very pretty boy.... we are growing up too many new roos to try to bring in a "big boy" (current alpha roo is fine with ones he meets when they are about 4 months old & not out to be top dog!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom