Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks I am officially running an orphanage now. M2M just brought me another duckling. Little guy moved right in with the bigger ducklings.

Backyardfarmmom -
Spoil your boyfriend as much as you can. Put him right up there with the kids in priority! My husband died at 59 years young of cancer.
You just don't know how long you have with these guys and their contribution to your family is priceless. Noone else can be a dad to your kids like he can. Noone else will ever love you or them as much as he does. I say 'be his girlfriend and spoil him'. That is my vote.
old.gif

You made me cry... You are very right. My son will never have another dad. I have always had both of my parents. My BF lost his father to a heart attack when he was 18. It is easy to loose sight of the big picture sometimes... I guess both of us need to step back and look at it more often.
hugs.gif

I don't see you as the lil old man smilie at all!
smile.png

I am sorry to hear that you lost your husband, and I feel sheepish to think that you could be wishing to be having a stupid fight with him just to have him back.
Thank you for sharing with me!

New Babies 27 of them rasing some for myself and my mom!!

This one is a cutie pie

they are all so cute Im so happy.
27!!! I wish I had room for all those fuzzbutts!!
That one is especially sweet!

A while back I was barely sleeping, trying to "do it all". Something had to give. I changed my outlook and streamlined our lives. One of the things that had to be streamlined was cleaning. I now clean the house twice a week -- Wednesday and Saturday.
I like to really get cleaning at night. That is when I am most active. It makes him nutty that I get my burst of energy just as his is dying for the day.

I use DE for maintenance but Ivomec every 3 weeks. Oh these are Northern Fowl mites I'm fighting.

You've been battling those things for a while now. Or am I confusing you with someone else? Might I suggest moving your repeat dose up quite a bit? In the course of three weeks you've had as many as four generations of mites hatching on your chickens. That's a huge explosion in population each time.

I try to keep three areas of the house at least picked up: the kitchen (especially the sink), the main part of the living room, and the dining room floor because my kids toss food. Otherwise I clean deeply when my husband is home to help - many hands make lighter work. Together we are working down the Spring cleaning list this week.

My friends and I have a different philosophy than our parents because we don't believe the house has to be spotless constantly and a few dirty dishes in the sink won't be the end of the world. So long as it isn't a scene from Hoarders we don't get too uptight about it.

Last edited:
Ok, thank-you everyone. 2 of the chickens have mites but not the rest. I powdered everybody the first time. With the pymetherin do I need to throw out eggs for a while after treating the birds?

Just curious what most of you are charging for eggs. I have a sign that asks people to leave what they feel is fair and to place money in the slot. The least anyone has left was $3 and $5 is left quite often.

Opa, I charge $1.50 a dozen...except for hatching eggs. I cannot leave them on my porch since we are to far in the boonies. I have thought about taking them down to the campground and selling them there.

RaZ, that is good of you to take in the little one
thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom