Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job
Nova~ What age were your meaties?
thumbsup.gif

Keyt, Someone I know is looking for a good home for a goose with special needs. I know you take in special animals. It has a beak that looks like it ran into a wall, as she put it and an angel wing. She doesn't want it to be dinner. If you are interested, let me know and I will give you the contact info.
Or, anyone out there if you're interested, let me know.

RaZ - You really need more acreage.........

As much as Raz finds to do on his little city yard, he'd run himself into the ground with a bigger place. I'm beginning to wonder how much mulch/compost/whatever else his yard can take before he gets a ticket from the city for increasing his altitude too much.
lol.png

As much as Raz finds to do on his little city yard, he'd run himself into the ground with a bigger place. I'm beginning to wonder how much mulch/compost/whatever else his yard can take before he gets a ticket from the city for increasing his altitude too much.
lol.png
It's not my altitude that the city and neighbors find offensive. It's my attitude...or so I've been told.
lau.gif

They say local honey helps with allergies. Can't get any more local than the backyard, literally! A hive of mine was getting close to honeybound (running out of room for brood because they are pulling in nectar faster than they can build new comb) so I stole a frame of honey. By hand I managed to extract 4lbs of honey (after using tare function on scale for jar weight). I used no heat, either. It was just squeezed through cheesecloth to keep any wax from getting into the jars.

It tastes magical. That is the best word I can describe it with! It is unlike any honey I've ever tasted from a store, even the raw/unfiltered kind.

yum!!
droolin.gif

But seriously, think about it. If all we had to do was not leave food out to get rid of coons there'd be very few coons. How many people do you know who just have a bunch of food lying around outside their house? I can think of... exactly.... zero. And yet... we all have coons!

Or maybe I'm just not hanging out with the right people. What kind of hill folk are you all hanging around who just have a bunch of food lying around?
my daughters neighbor,,, open the door through it out, isn't that what every one does?
he.gif

To get rid of all those coons, you need to get yourselves some coyote pee!!! It works!! I can't say if its sold in any stores. You can order it online.... predatorpee.com
interesting may have to try that...when we had dogs we never had coon problems they chased them out of the yard and did a good job of marking their territory
I think I realize why the neighbors are so upset with me. I am just not colour coordinated when I do my chores.

And I was told that I can't use that shovel. WTH?
gig.gif
Love it, never thought of hooking several carts together....YOU ARE SO CLEVER,,,, I don't know why your neighbor is having such a problem, she should be thrilled that you are so ambitious and making so many improvements to your yard...are you going to show us the finished project?
If you ever run out I have lots of work that needs to be done on my yard
big_smile.png

Ok, got it, 24-48 hours. Didn't know if it was the same for meaties as cockerels.
The smallest bird was 5.76, 5.96, 6.87, 6.56, 6.68, 6.48, 6.6, 6.31, 5.99, 6.09. Not bad for my first go round, and them with a big grassy pen. Yes!
Good job,,, do you do them your self? or have help? DH and I have done 17 so far 9 to go, but I am afraid to do it myself caus I can't figure out how to hold down the pird and swin an ax at the same time, afraid I will miss
lol.png
lau.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom