Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, one of the mallard hens flew away. I had expected this with all of the ducks who decided to stay here in my yard.
The poor drake was distressed that one of his girls was gone but he still had one girl left that he could protect.

Not 10 minutes ago, a mallard hen flew into the yard. I'm guessing that it was the missing girl, but she is noticeably bigger than the remaining hen, so it might be another bird.

In any case, I'm glad that the wild ducks like coming here for a visit.

Randy
it may be one of the earlier mallards that you had. The ones I have raised come and go all season till fall. Then, of course, mallards come back in the Spring- and while I cannot prove they are the ones I raised, it makes me feel good to assume they are.

Randy
it may be one of the earlier mallards that you had. The ones I have raised come and go all season till fall. Then, of course, mallards come back in the Spring- and while I cannot prove they are the ones I raised, it makes me feel good to assume they are.
I just went out with some frozen peas and there are now four (4) mallard hens in the run!

Yea, ducks! Party at my house.

We are a great group here- and I appreciate you all.
I was missing my brother very strongly today- started out with something stupid I wanted to share, something only he would have appreciated and laughed about with me-and from there, it just grew and escalated into full-blown sorrow and pain..I read the board, exchanged a few pms (pee ems...although PMS might apply too) with Robin..
turned sorrow and pain into productive anger toward the neighbor, and am just too worn out to feel much now...finish the day off with catching up here on the forum and have some laughs. Just enough to regain my control over pain caused by that which I have no control.

If it wasnt for you all and this group, Id be forced to hang out in unscrupulous chatrooms or something and those places are too scary for me..
hide.gif

I just went out to check on the birds.
The mallard drake now has four (4) hens around him. Two more girls have flown into the yard.

I just went out to check on the birds.
The mallard drake now has four (4) hens around him. Two more girls have flown into the yard.
yAY rANDY!!!

AND BEST OF ALL- they are natural waterfowl that are not in your yard by any choice but their own, and they have every legal right to fly in if they wish...

bun.gif

Hey Kim - I hit the jackpot today. I got 3 Barnvelder chicks, 4 Silkie chicks, 1 blue, 1 partridge, and 2 splash, 6 Cortnix quail, and a trio of Bobwhites. Wooo Hooo. And among returning home I had 3 Cortnix eggs. If they keep laying for a few days do you want me to incubate some for you ? They are real purdy. I am sending some chicks your way. I really love these Cortnix Quail, they are sooo darn friendly.

Last edited:
I got eggs for skeeter. Silkies from the neighbor. I hope she'll not try and keep stealing from the other girl. Lol
She probably will. Great advice given to me here to separate the broodies for just that reason, and when I ignored the advice, my hens showed me that I should have listened to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom