MICRO mini pot belly pigs?

I have three mini pigs. They are Juliana/mix. I absolutely adore all three. They live in the house with me (and two teenagers, a dog, some chickens, a huge green iguana and a big fat Cayman Rock Iguana LOL). They are so smart and so snuggly. We love them : )
They are roughly 25-30 pounds each and about a year old. Of course they will still grow for a few more years, though not as quickly. I could see them reasonably ending up at probably 40-60 pounds each? Not sure, only time will tell. Plus I refuse to starve my piggies just to keep them small. Ugh. Mine are definitely pig-shaped! LOL. But not overweight. I want them healthy : )
As far as size goes, think Bulldog or Bassett Hound sized.

@cavemanrich
Sure! Let me see if I have anything recent

@cavemanrich
When the go for walks I put them in an A-frame type dog harness. It works pretty well. But at this age they wouldn't really run off anyway. Sometimes they get out of the fence, but they just wander around the front yard eating the grass and waiting for me to open the front door and bribe them with treats. LOL. They are pretty smart. I'm fairly certain they only break out of the fence just to get the treats. Haha! The lifespan is about the same as a large dog. 15-20 years. Pigs rock.

I got a potbelly mix with a guinea hog about a month and a half ago for $25. He was about 2 months when I got him. The mom was the potbelly and was little shorter then knee height. The two guinea hogs they had were huge! They said they didnt know if the babies would take after the mom or dad. He's growing fast though. He spent the first week inside because we had snow. After I started taking him outside he just started going in with the chickens at night and rather sleep with them. The farm i got him from had a lot of chickens though so i think maybe hes more comfortable with them. We got him for a practice pig to eat but I don't know how that will go lol. He is prob the funniest animal I have had. He doesn't like to cuddle anymore since he moved outside but loves playing. He,also, squeals at the door a few times a day to come in and get snacks.

@cavemanrich
When the go for walks I put them in an A-frame type dog harness. It works pretty well. But at this age they wouldn't really run off anyway. Sometimes they get out of the fence, but they just wander around the front yard eating the grass and waiting for me to open the front door and bribe them with treats. LOL. They are pretty smart. I'm fairly certain they only break out of the fence just to get the treats. Haha! The lifespan is about the same as a large dog. 15-20 years. Pigs rock.
A thought just ran by me. You qualify to join this other thread on here. Check it when you have time. It includes like minded peeps.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1080483/any-other-animals
thumbsup.gif

Micro- mini requirements are that they are under 16 inches tall, full grown. Weights vary depending on how you feed them. I have a male & female and just had 2 babies born 7 weeks ago!
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom