Mid January Hatch thread....

LOL nope we are gonna grow out alot of them and select our breeding stock and laying flocks... I want to maybe show maran eggs eventually hence the reason for all the marans in the pics... WE also have a few other AM projects in the works several different ones. WE will sell the surplus...once the breeders are selected and the Pets have made themselves evident...I am literally selling horses to make more room for our chickies here on the farm...and did I mention building LOTS of brooders!! EVERYTHING looks like a great brooder!
lau.gif

Well, I think chickens are a lot cheaper than horses. I have grandhorses (my neighbor owns them, but they graze in my pasture), and frankly, all of the vet and farrier bills have killed any romantic notion I had of keeping horses.

Ok, mostly killed.

Sort of killed?

Dangit, I still want a horse.

Sphinx, we have 6 horses and go thru a bale in less than a week with supplements during the winter. With the cost of hay being 250+ a bale right now, I would sell off some horses too but you couldn't pay anyone to take them except slaughter houses. I love my horses and they are a big part of the family but if we don't get some rain soon, I don't know what we will do.

250??? OMG DOLLARS?! for hay rounds?? holy moley!! WE are in Texas and ocmplain about 125! being high this week when I got it for 100 last week Some trying to drive the prices up..are wanting like 140 and we laugh and go elsewhere as we are NOT playing into that game... WE are not EVEN using Squares in our stalls anymore as they are 10 a bale here so we roll a round bale down our barn isleway and pull off of it to put in the stalls...we have six horses and 4 donkeys...so it lasts about 2 weeks for the one in the barn and we got rain so we have pasture "right now anyhow" we did just sell one of our horses. a big paint horse I still have to figure out how to take off the listings here! She is so pretty to. She will be missed... but that is a big one off our feed bill ....more chickie food!! lol I We are gonna need it!

Back
Top Bottom