Mid January Hatch thread....

Well, that's it. No more chicks. 11 of 2 dozen hatched - 2 died. 2 out of a dozen hatched, so far they are alive. So, 11 alive of 36 eggs. I know, shipped eggs are a crap shoot, but I can't help thinking the morning of hatch's incubator issues caused most of these issues. I had rockers that never pipped and died in the shell. I am so ticked off about this incubator and GQF telling me there is a slim to none chance the thermostat malfunctioned on it's first time out. I'm sorry, but the room the incubator was in dealt with 15 degree differences with little adjustment from me. Then all of a sudden a cold morning (not the coldest we had over the last month it's been running) it drops to 88 degrees and I wouldn't gain temps even turned all the way up (it was running at a full turn below all the way up) and the ambient temps raised to 75 degrees. After a day of fighting with it and wrapping it in a blanket, I managed to get it to 99. It maintained a 99-100 degree temp wrapped in a blanket up until the 2nd hatch day. There is no way this is normal and there is definitely something wrong with the incubator.

I agree with you... there's an issue somewhere definitely... I got a used still air, and had over a 90% hatch rate, first time out. And my eggs were shipped as well...

We are on day 22. We haven't had a new pip since 7am this morning, and that chick hatched at 3:20 this afternoon. We have 9 eggs remaining and we've yet to see any action out of them at all. How much longer should we give them before we start pulling chicks out of the incubator?

last christmas I waited 24 days . all chickies has died
hit.gif

We are on day 22. We haven't had a new pip since 7am this morning, and that chick hatched at 3:20 this afternoon. We have 9 eggs remaining and we've yet to see any action out of them at all. How much longer should we give them before we start pulling chicks out of the incubator?

The newest two are still not fluffed. The "dino" chick (the runty one) may take awhile. But, here's the other babies! The kids and I let the babies out on the living room floor to socialize for a little bit.

Reyvaughn, they are precious! Love the last pic where the little chick at the very right is sticking it's fuzzbutt to the camera
smile.png

OH what precious DARLINGS!!! We have just set 84 more eggs and already have a set of 26 in there so that is 110 PLUS we will set another 24 for Valentines day hatch AND we are expecting another bunch (not sure how many) Fluffy AM eggs soon
wee.gif
around Valentines it will be intereting here! We have 54 babies in our brooders right now
lol.png
I am about to be overrun!
gig.gif

Funny you should ask,I just finished 3 pages of my trials and tribs of hatching eggs.(warning graffic material......just kidding).Should I post it here/or is it too large.

OH what precious DARLINGS!!! We have just set 84 more eggs and already have a set of 26 in there so that is 110 PLUS we will set another 24 for Valentines day hatch AND we are expecting another bunch (not sure how many) Fluffy AM eggs soon
wee.gif
around Valentines it will be intereting here! We have 54 babies in our brooders right now
lol.png
I am about to be overrun!
gig.gif

Wow. That is a TON of chicks. Are you planning on keeping all of them?!

Reyvaughn, I love their fuzzy little legs. They are just darling!

Back
Top Bottom