Mid January Hatch thread....

Omigosh what cute new chicks!! I love those silkie mixes.

Cayuse, I am so glad you got to watch it hatch! It looks like you've got a few more that are going to go soon. My Godzilla pipped at the wrong end of the egg, and she came out just fine, with no assistance. I also noticed that a couple of my pips started out so tiny so as to seem completely worthless, but they all came out just fine. Maybe you should just upload the video to youtube and then link us?

Hubby just sent me this pic. Awful that some of us have to work. :D
IMG_8334.jpg

Working on the video and YouTube, can't find a link at the moment

Here's the two that are out! I am thinking they are both Lavender now that they aren't so slimy. They have been out of the shell since about 4am and this is all the drier they are. My humidity is ranging from 62-65% and my temps are around 100 (still air). The poor little ones are panting and I can't do anything about it.

Still playing around here...

Rey, are those lavendar orps? Lovely!!

Here is my new addition. I do believe it will be a black copper maran, not a cuckoo.

Last edited:
I now have a Mille Fleur, Buff Columbian and a Mottled hatched! That's in addition to the Lavender and the Black/Lav. The one that had that big hole pipped a few hours ago isn't doing much. It made the hole bigger, but it isn't making good progress. I have 3 more pipped and one just about zipped! I can't wait to get more/better pics of them!

wee.gif
They are sooo cute!!!!!! I love them!

I can't wait to see pictures of yours, Reyvaughn!

I am also excited to hear news of your chicks, ChickenPrincs!

So many new babies!

Back
Top Bottom