Mid January Hatch thread....

Yay ! dont brag too much !! Just kidding !! I am still waiting for mine, I candled my eggs last night I got two little wigglers !!
wee.gif
4 eggs has blood lines so I guess I have to throw those away right ?
hit.gif
I hate to do that .....

Yay ! dont brag too much !! Just kidding !! I am still waiting for mine, I candled my eggs last night I got two little wigglers !!
wee.gif
4 eggs has blood lines so I guess I have to throw those away right ?
hit.gif
I hate to do that .....

With a blood ring its best yes...
sad.png
but just remember getting them out will keep the others healthier by not allowing those poor deceased ones to grow bacteria in the nice warm humid temps...

Don't be sad, this is my second attempt at incubating chicken eggs, my first went 0-24, this last one so far is 6-14 and what's confusing is the fact that what I'm seeing in these brown eggs when I candle is the same thing that I saw in my first, and the eggs are hatching. I smell mine everytime I turn them and none have smelled rotten. even the 0-24 try none smelled.and I left them in for 25 days.

I don't know about y'all but I am EXHAUSTED!!! We have 3 Chickes in the brooder..1 newly hatched in the bator. One of the pips from last night died during the night.
hit.gif
When you lose one.. It kinda takes excitement out of hatching. I knew this was possible..and very likely to happen. It just bites!! However, I do have 4 live babies at the moment...out of 33 eggs..&& one pip too.

CONGRATS on all the new Chickie's!!

April, your babies are so cute!!!!! Congratulations!

I'm so sorry you lost a pipper. You're right- when you lose one, it kind of takes a lot of the joy out of it. I hate the "death" part of life. Sorry, I'm feeling melancholy today. I only want happy endings with our chicks, and I know that's not reality, but it sure sucks sometimes.

April, your babies are so cute!!!!! Congratulations!

I'm so sorry you lost a pipper. You're right- when you lose one, it kind of takes a lot of the joy out of it. I hate the "death" part of life. Sorry, I'm feeling melancholy today. I only want happy endings with our chicks, and I know that's not reality, but it sure sucks sometimes.

x2

I feel like I laid those eggs myself, I had so much emotion invested... FIL says, "whatever you do, don't get attached to your farm animals, death happens" DH says "too late, she loves them already"
I too feel life should only let happiness rule, but without the downs, how would we know when we are up???

Back
Top Bottom