Mid-West 101

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by pdsavage, Jun 20, 2009.

1. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    there now i have something to say about missouri..
    if you dont like the weather wait a few minutes it will change....

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I've never been sure whether Arkansas qualifies as mid-west or southern. They sure don't act like southerners around here; at least not in the manners dept. [​IMG]
    Arkansas has two seasons, winter and hotter than....

3. bettisworth

bettisworth Off to Greener Pastures

May 30, 2009
    n.w. missouri
    mizzou-RAH

"Hey, what are you all doin this weekend? I'm havin' a bit of a wing-ding over here "

"He's tightern' a cow's _ _ _ at fly time."

I just thought of anothern'. When we were kids, my gramma would tell us "if you kids are goin' outside, you best put on yer wraps"

And this one...."I'm doin' my warshn' on Saturday"

I never knew I had a southern accent, until I made a good friend from Chicago. She inquired about my "village". She reminded me that I used the words "Ya reckon?" with great frequency when I was asking her opinion on sumthin".

And what I thought was funny about the Chicagoans' was that at the end of every sentence, be it a question or a statement, it was always followed with an groaning kind of "EH?" It reminded me of the Saturday Night Live skit with Chris Farley.....Dah BAAARES...and MIIIIIIIKE DIIIITTTTKUH.

This is awful....the more I think about spelling my words they way I pronounce them...........maybe I do come from a "village" LOL

[​IMG]

4. TammyTX

TammyTX Crowing

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:....naw, y'all are just hillbillies! [​IMG] (kidding..!)

5. mamagardener

mamagardener Songster

Quote:They say the same about New England

6. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    IOWA:
    If the corn is knee-high by the fourth of July, it's gonna be a good harvest [​IMG]

I'm tryin to think of some more, but it's hotter than a skunks A** in August here, and I reckon the heat has fried my brain! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: