Midget White Turkey Questions

Quote:
Carnucles! That's what they are called! I knew there was a specific name for them, but I keep thinking it's barnacles.
hu.gif

Toms will start strutting at just a few days old. I use food coloring to mark them, but don't use a drop, smear it. If you don't smear it the other turkeys will peck them to death.

This "beard" thing is interesting. I thought my Jake had a growth! All bristly.. At first i thought hed gotten a burr and was very confused as no other bird ever got a burr tangled in its feathers. And it was attached to his chest. Ewww. You can't see it at all, but it's there under the chest feathers.

I am SO relieved!

I have a few ? I brought home a bronze heritage hen for Thanksgiving dinner. Long story short she's still here. She is laying every day. In sub zero temps less than 5 hours of daylight and no heat. My Orpingtons have 14 hours of light and wont lay..... I think I need a few Turkeys. Do MWT lay well? Doez anyone ship eggs to Alaska. I hatched a dozen heritage birds from Massachusetts eggs last Spring

Not to hijack the thread but can someone answer how tall a midget white is compared to a standard?

Back
Top Bottom