Midnight Majesty Maran sex?

Thank you so much! That is exactly what they are starting to look like. I’m assuming there is nothing I can do now at this point to have them make it right. Was really wanting the Midnight Majesty’s but I believe I would have had to contact them within a few days of receiving them.
I know hatcheries will replace chicks if they're out of a specific breed you wanted, so that could've happened. :confused:
You could contact them anyways and ask about it.

Was there a certain reason for wanting the Midnight Majesties?

I know hatcheries will replace chicks if they're out of a specific breed you wanted, so that could've happened. :confused:
You could contact them anyways and ask about it.

Was there a certain reason for wanting the Midnight Majesties?
That makes sense! No reason other than they look like neat birds and I already have some barred rocks so I was hoping for more variety to my flock 😊

That makes sense! No reason other than they look like neat birds and I already have some barred rocks so I was hoping for more variety to my flock 😊
Okay, I see! Variety is nice for different looks in your flock.
They won't look exactly like your BRs, they'll be darker which is nice so they don't look too too similar. Plus they've got those feathered legs.
You'll still get pretty chocolate eggs though. :)

Are you allowed roosters? If you are grab a black copper Marans rooster and breed him to your barred rocks you will be essentially making your own mystic marans which are sex-link offspring from those two breeds. If you breed him to the cuckoo Marans you would also make sex-link Marans

Are you allowed roosters? If you are grab a black copper Marans rooster and breed him to your barred rocks you will be essentially making your own mystic marans which are sex-link offspring from those two breeds. If you breed him to the cuckoo Marans you would also make sex-link Marans
Yes, I was just trying to avoid roosters as a newer chicken mom. Heard so many horror stories that I was just ordering hens for now. That is a great idea tho :thumbsup

Yes, I was just trying to avoid roosters as a newer chicken mom. Heard so many horror stories that I was just ordering hens for now. That is a great idea tho :thumbsup
Be aware you may have males in the other breeds you ordered. Sexing chicks is only 90% accurate.
In my opinion I think you'll get at least one since you got 20...just my opinion. But you could get lucky.

Be aware you may have males in the other breeds you ordered. Sexing chicks is only 90% accurate.
In my opinion I think you'll get at least one since you got 20...just my opinion. But you could get lucky.
Thank you for the help! I do have one Wyandotte that is definitely a rooster. He developed quickly but so far has been pleasant to deal with. :)

Thank you for the help! I do have one Wyandotte that is definitely a rooster. He developed quickly but so far has been pleasant to deal with. :)
Good that he's doing ok so far, but soon enough those hormones will kick in and that may change. Just something to be wary of.

Thank you so much! That is exactly what they are starting to look like. I’m assuming there is nothing I can do now at this point to have them make it right. Was really wanting the Midnight Majesty’s but I believe I would have had to contact them within a few days of receiving them.
Did they have feathered feet? Did they have white dots on their heads? I have a confusing young cockerel or pullet who has me stumped because it has barring coming in. (no white dot, and has feathered feet).

Back
Top Bottom