Midnight majesty marans

Pics
Just wanted to share my experience with my MMM pullet. She started out being my largest (she and my Calico Princess are the same size and my largest girls in their flock) and the most gentle and shy. Since she started laying, she's worked her way up to the top of the pecking order. She is very heavily feathered (seems like she'd do well in a cold climate) in solid black iridescent feathers, with skin that is a gorgeous black/slate color. Mally's legs and feet are clean. Her eggs are as dark as I was expecting and they're larger than all of my pullets, even the Flock that is approximately 2 months older. I absolutely adore Mally! I've always thought that she reminds me of a crow(she really looks so much like a crow that she could definitely pass for one to a nonchicken person), until laying changed her comb and wattles to grow and turn red.
20200219_201140.jpg
Mally's egg is in the middle.

20191202_100423.jpg

This picture isn't current and was from before she started laying, but her comb and wattles is the only difference in her looks now. She a beauty!

Does anyone know if the chick colors are sexy linked? I have two 4 weeks old and one is very small compared to the other one. I was wondering if this “pullet” could be a Roo

I'm excited about my MMM. Looking forward to her eggs. Mine has a light yellow throat and white on her flight feathers. I haven't read all the posts so I don't know if anyone has this coloring. Or what you speculate about her?

I'm excited about my MMM. Looking forward to her eggs. Mine has a light yellow throat and white on her flight feathers. I haven't read all the posts so I don't know if anyone has this coloring. Or what you speculate about her?
How old is she? That is normal coloring for black chicks. They grow out of it to all black.

Oh, I hate to see she will turn all black. The white on her wing tips is so pretty now. She is about 3 weeks old. She's in the largest size plastic storage bin and has been able to roost on the top edge for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom