Might be getting a 55 gallon tank, what to stock it with?

bock

Songster
11 Years
Oct 10, 2008
Northern CA
I am going to look at a 55 gallon tank, stand included, in a few minutes. It is used off of CL for only $40! They say the stand might need to be stained, but otherwise is in good shape. If I don't think it's worth it, I won't get it....But, I still am very excited.
big_smile.png

Anyways, now I am wondering what kind of fish I might put in there. I know I want tropical fish, with a well-established bunch of aquatic plants. I just think that would be soooo pretty .
smile.png
I am just not sure what kinds of tropical fish to get. I have limited knowledge about them. I love the look of male guppies, but I really am not interested in just a bunch of guppies in a huge tank. Plus they breed FAST! I would like some variety, and it would be awesome if they all got along! I currently have 2 tetras in a ten gallon , someone gave them to me who had purchased from Walmart. Poor things, one is died blue and the other is pink. They seem healthy none the less, and I should get 4 more since they are supposed to be in schools of 6. Ones that are their natural color of course, and not from Walmart! Any ideas? Also, any pics of your tanks would be awesome! Thanks so much!

Unfortunately, I didn't get it.
sad.png
They were very nice, but it looked like it might have a leak. I didn't want to risk it, so I turned it down. Too bad, it was a great deal. I will keep looking.
smile.png

If you want live plants dont get cichlids they tend to tear up live plants often and they are not beginner fish. ( I kinda began with them I had community for years but i skipped the semi agressive part and went straight to agressive
smile.png
) Well male guppies wont breed
roll.png
so get males! You could also get some coolie loaches, tetras, a couple of FEMALE bettas, mollies, platys, swordtail, danios, a pleco only one though good luck on your tank!

Back
Top Bottom