Mildred is gone

Quote:
LOL! I bet you could make a fortune with that!
thumbsup.gif

That is not good that they are Rhodies...they are large dogs and are bred to hunt LIONS, so they have a strong prey drive and are pretty fearless. That is a dangerous combination with owners that don't train them properly.
smack.gif
Some people shouldn't be allowed to have large dogs. Or any dog, for that matter!
barnie.gif

Shelly

HorseJody~ so sorry to hear about Mildred. She sounds like such a special girl:) I hope something can be done about the dogs. I cannot believe the number of postings on here form people who have lost their chickens to neighbor's dogs. I just cannot believe it. I am sure things would be different if our chickens were going on their property and killing their dogs.

So sorry about Mildred.
sad.png
As far as the dogs... as long as your chickens were on your property, I think they had a right to be wherever their little chicken hearts wanted them to be. It's the dogs' OWNERS who are at fault for this. :mad:

I want to thank everyone for their messages of support. I will be offline for a while. We are going to Hawaii for our son's wedding. My neighbors will be caring for the animals. My neighbors have been given permission to shoot any stray dog on our property in our absence. Most in the area have livestock and have no problem shooting a dog and then calling the sheriff. Around here SSS doesn't mean Shoot, Shovel and Shut up. It means Shoot, Shout and call the Sheriff. Or maybe Shoot, Shout and Sue the dog owner. Oh well, the damage is done. The dogs are now confined and the owners have been warned.

Mildred will be missed, but on the brighter side, we still have her sister, Queenie.

hugs.gif
I am so sorry to hear about Mildrid, after all the poor girl went through. It is a dang shame. If the dogs get loose again I hope somebody gets them good. Have a safe trip and enjoy yourselves.

Back
Top Bottom