Military families

are you military?

• Yes, I'm in the military and have been for a while ( 3 + years)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Yes I'm in the military, I hevent been for long thou ( 3 - years)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My husband is in the military and has been for 3 + years

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • My husband is in the military, he just joined (3- years

• My wife is in the military and has been for 3 + years

• My wife is in the military, she just joined ( 3- years

• I have a son or daughter in the military for 3+ years

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I have a son or daughter in the military for 3- years

• I have a sibling in the military for 3 + years

• I have a sibling in the military for 3 - years

• I have a cousin in the military for 3 + years

• I have a cousin in the military for 3 - years

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • My mother or father is in the military for 3 + years

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • My mother or father is in the military for 3 - years

• Retired

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Other (post)

• Total voters
I was an army brat ( my dad died while on active duty in 1975). My exhusband was in the Army while we were married and later retired. My husband served 6 years in the Army. My late father in law retired from the Army with nearly 30 years. My brother in law is retired from the Army after nearly 27 years. My son is currently in the Navy and my nephew is in the Army. My cousin's youngest son joined the Army last year. This is just close family- we have more extended family members who served.

Can you say we are a proud MILITARY FAMILY???

My hubby was in the Canadian infantry for 9yrs.

He and I originally met in high school. Before he joined. We broke up, partly because he was joining. (I grew up near a military base and knew I could not live that life) and partly because we were young.

20yrs later we met again, while I was separating from my first husband,

I am proud of his service and very happy to know he is no longer in. Every time I heard of a soldier death over our 20yrs apart I would be a wreck until they released the name. Now he is home, with me and safe!

We sill have to listen for names though, because his unit is one of the ones on rotation for Afghanistan.

My cousin wants to be in the Navy... I'm so scared... She's my sister and she raised me. I love her sooo much and don't know what would happen if she got hurt... Many people are proud to say I have a family member in the military. I would be, but not really. That would mean so many different things to me. Loss, love, trust, strength, and overall what would happen if she got hurt or died-loss of relationships, friends, pain and so much more I cant describe.. Thanks for listening/reading my rant :D It means a lot to me..

My great uncle drove a tank, and my grandfather did top secret agent work and got struck my lightning. I proudly say, he lived to tell the tale. There have been more military servers in my family. My one cousin wanted to go but he was rejected because he had asthma. Like me. He started doing drugs, smoking cigarettes, and became an alcoholic. He wanted to quit but couldn't. The result was he parked his car at a train track. He waited silently until he heard the train. He stepped in front of it, ruining my family. Saddest day of my life because my mom was constantly crying. I was 3, and I never found out where he went, why he wasn't there to hold me on his lap while he drank his beer at thanksgiving. Why I wouldn't hear his yells when they'd watch football. And lastly, never hearing his laugh and seeing the smile on his face when I'd wear my pink fluffy sweater.

Dear Bear- I love you and miss you. Fly High
2665.png

Last edited:
You should add something for retired military. You may not know, but they can still be recalled for a certain length of time, even after retirement.
wink.png

My husband is retired from the USAF, was in the National Guard before that. My adoptive father was in the Navy at Pearl Harbor, my adoptive mother was a Marine, my FIL in the AF, my biological father was a Marine. We married while he was still in the National Guard, about six months before he went active duty Air Force and have been together ever since, going on 37 years now.
Yeah, i forgot but i cant edit my poll......if I could i would, i was trying to stop adding more and more options LOL

wow, didn't realize so many people had military active family members

My dad has been to Iraq and this time Afghanistan, never knew the deployed to places like Korea and Kosovo.....

DRF1973- sounds like your entire family has been in militry

prayers for safe returns for those who have deployed members, and thanks for those who are retired

My cousin wants to be in the Navy... I'm so scared... She's my sister and she raised me. I love her sooo much and don't know what would happen if she got hurt... Many people are proud to say I have a family member in the military. I would be, but not really. That would mean so many different things to me. Loss, love, trust, strength, and overall what would happen if she got hurt or died-loss of relationships, friends, pain and so much more I cant describe.. Thanks for listening/reading my rant :D It means a lot to me..

We understand your pain, but don't be so quick to judge. If she goes in the Navy soon you'll be proud, and Navy has the hardest training course, so she will be prepared

prayers for her

It made my vote wrong!!!! My husband is in the Army for 16 years now. HE also has a son in law that joined last year. We are about to move to Ft Knox.YAY x 100!!!!!!! this will be our last PCS before retiring in 2016. As much fun as it is going places , i am worn down now. Even this move scares me. I just want to go to sleep in this house and wake up in Ft Knox. I hate moving week.
My husband was deployed several times thoughout his career, but now due to health reasons they wont let him anymore.

I edited the poll so you can re-vote

You should add something for retired military. You may not know, but they can still be recalled for a certain length of time, even after retirement.
wink.png

lol, i know i wasnt thinking
he.gif

i did now so you can vote retired

I am really proud, because she'll be the first female in our family to be in the military, but I'm scared just as much.. By the way, I like your sig-my BFF is in NC and I'm in PA... Haven't seen her in a year :(
We understand your pain, but don't be so quick to judge. If she goes in the Navy soon you'll be proud, and Navy has the hardest training course, so she will be prepared

prayers for her

this is a cool thread i was active duty army for a lil over three yrs. and been in the reserves now a few months shy of 3 yrs and just signed up for another six. Congats on the cool thread whoever started it.
thumbsup.gif

I am really proud, because she'll be the first female in our family to be in the military, but I'm scared just as much.. By the way, I like your sig-my BFF is in NC and I'm in PA... Haven't seen her in a year :(
thats cool, we understand, but I'm sure she'll be safe, she will be prepared

Yes, my friend moved when i was in 5th grade, we were friends since 2nd grade, i miss her so much but we keep in contact, sorry about your BFF, true friends stay in touch

Thank you for starting this thread! I've been wanting to start one like it, but didn't know exactly what to say.

I have a cousin in the Marines. He is currently in MOS school in Mississippi. Thankfully, he will never go to Afghanistan because of his MOS, but will probably go to Japan. I am so proud of him! <3

Back
Top Bottom