Milk Jug Waterer Help

CK Chickadilly

Songster
11 Years
Sep 11, 2008
West Michigan
My 2 little ducklings don't get it.....I had a chick waterer in their brooder but now the little stinkers are growing & playing in the water more so I made the milk jug waterer & they just have no clue how to use it.....Any ideas?? Will they figure it out sooner or later?
idunno.gif

That is a great idea, I wish we had some green grass but the snow just melted & it hasn't turned green yet. I will float some lettuce, they like that. Thanks for the idea.
smile.png

you can also force their heads by the water (without hurting them of course). If you get their beaks into the water they quickly learn where the water is.

big_smile.png

Glad to hear they figured it out. I'm two weeks from my first hatch and I already have my milk jug holes cut out.... impatience. I made the holes a lot smaller. I'll have to trim them some more. I'm afraid of finding a little ducky stuck in the jug.

Just a note - next time cut the hole just big enough for them to get their head in. Any bigger and you are going to find one of them in the jug and it can't get out. lol

lol.png
I did have the hole cut smaller but they just couldn't figure it out. I tried to gently put their heads in there but they were just freaked out over the whole concept. So I made the hole bigger just to get them used to it. I could see they want to get in there but they are to big actually...but I bet they could figure out a way to get in
gig.gif
Next one will have the smaller opening now that they are used to it.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom