Mille Cochin Info

Quote:
How terrible! What a set back! But at least you have eggs and this may take you in a new direction you would not have thought to do before. Seems bad now but I like to think when one door closes another one opens. It will be hard not to see the handsome fella every day and hear his wonderful voice. I know you will miss him and am so sorry for that loss.
hugs.gif

Let me start off by saying that these are beautiful birds. I recently just purchased several banty buff cochin hens and a buff cochin roo. So far i love the cochins
big_smile.png
After seeing these birds I would love to get some. I know that there arent too many locally though. Whats the best way to get started with this variety?

Quote:
I live in Choctaw! (next town west of Harrah for you non-Okies). I will be ready to sell some pairs and trios soon. They are 2 to 4 mo. old now. PM me if you are interested.

Thank you to all who inquired & showed interest in the two breeding trios I had available. I am happy to report that they have found wonderful homes. Domingo & 2 of his girls are going to Georgia. Rafael & his two ladies are leaving for Oklahoma on Monday.
celebrate.gif
It is my hope that both new owners experience the same success I have had with these two wonderful boys. I have many great chicks from them & they have indeed been an asset to my project. It is my hope that Spring of 2012 is the year of "TYPE" for me~! Thanks again to the new owners.
thumbsup.gif

Lynn, glad your guys found new homes.
I love the trio I hatched from your eggs.
Here are some photos of the chicks I hatched, they are about three weeks old.
dogsandchicks037.jpg

dogsandchicks034.jpg

dogsandchicks033.jpg

dogsandchicks032.jpg

dogsandchicks030.jpg

dogsandchicks026.jpg

dogsandchicks023.jpg

dogsandchicks021.jpg

dogsandchicks018.jpg

dogsandchicks015.jpg

dogsandchicks014.jpg

I am not very good at taking photos of these guys, sorry.

Hello all-
I am noticing a huge variance in chick color in the mf chicks. Some start light yellow and the mf colored feathers begin to grow in. Several chicks from my last hatch are born looking like a partridge silkie chick. They are starting to feather in darker than the others.

Does anyone know how the partridge chicks eventually turn out?
Is there a preference to a certain chick color for the mf's?

-Erica

I took a few photos today but since I am off to bed I thought I would just show one and maybe get the others on here tomorrow, if I find time.

Here is one of my 5 month old girls. She is the darkest red, vermillion or whatever color you call it, that I have. Most of my girls are lighter.

9332_dark_mf_hen.jpg

I think my program is coming along. I still want better type than this girl is exhibiting but I am finding it so much harder on my girls than my boys.
I have one girl that looks a lot like a boy in color and pattern. I keep waiting for "her" to start crowing!

Quote:
I have noticed that the mille fleur colored chicks start out as a mottled pattern (like a tuxedo or at least large white patches) the partridge colored ones with the dark backs seem to be columbian patterned and the chipmunk striped are more of a partridge pattern

Quote:
I have noticed that the mille fleur colored chicks start out as a mottled pattern (like a tuxedo or at least large white patches) the partridge colored ones with the dark backs seem to be columbian patterned and the chipmunk striped are more of a partridge pattern

Yes, mine too. They sure do go thru some fast changes.

9332_cool_roo.jpg

9332_mills_at_work.jpg

9332_other_side_of_work_in_progress.jpg

9332_possible_calico_project.jpg

9332_2_more_for_breeding.jpg

These are few up and coming kids. I still have lots and lots but haven't taken photos of everyone. I don't know what all I will keep but I am starting to think on changing everyone around again as soon as they all stop being broody!

I think I am going to take a few of my Mottled/ MF pullets back to the foundation roo, Fred. Schmoozle added some type to them but of course, they need more color and I need a variety of blood. Fred is mostly red but threw some fine offspring so I am giving him a chance with granddaughters.

I suppose I need to get around to selecting who to keep and who to sell but I am the world's worse to hang on to them until someone shows up and shows me cash! Amazingly, I seem to find ones I don't want.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom