Mille Cochin Info

I don't know, maybe Bobbie? I'd be interested in seeing them and how they feathered out.

The first 2 brown chicks out of this pen are cockerels, and unusual in a couple of respects.

Last edited:
Thanks guys
smile.png

I'm getting unusual chick down colors from the "grow out" pen. Plenty of blacks and yellows, some chipmunks, there are 3 browns and now this one!
Going to have to call him "Rusty"

I have had some like Rusty When they matured out they all had the best color pattern and looked great Hope he does to

Yeah, I got some of the browns only to be disappointed. They came out buff columbian looking and calico. Not one looked like a MFC. I have new pics to post but I haven't had time to get them uploaded. I got new pics so I can hopefully sell these guys to someone who wants to work on the project, not just to have yard candy.

Trying to sell the flock and guess what I did? I set about a dozen eggs from my pens today. ><
I have a feeling these guys aren't going anyplace soon, so I figured "why not?"

Yes, the floor of my brooder room is a mess but when 30 youngsters run in and out it is difficult to keep clean so I let it go for a month and then clean. It seems I can never take photos when I finally clean it.

This little girl needs to go into a breeding pen soon. She comes in to lay an egg every day.

And the Mister that follows her in to make sure she can lay an egg in peace.

One of the lesser boys that I will probably sell. I think he is pretty but I am sure I don't need him.

A pullet I am selling. She looks worse in this photo than she really is but she isn't what I want either.

I got time to get the pics off the camera!

^ Chocolate Cochin project pen.

^ Junior, 2 of Junior's half sister, the smutty buff columbian and Amy's tush to the left.

^ Black cockerel, Junior, Junior's half sis (Pinchy, because of her tail), Older Katelyn pullet.

^ October babies! Bridgette daughter, Ameraucana, Millie or Mildred daughter, calico cockerel and my F1 Chocolate MFC (she's not supposed to be MFC)!

^ The October baby of Bridgette's.

^ The 2nd hatch of Bridgette's daughters - the one I knew was a keeper, Amelia (with her tail ripped out), Older Katelyn girl in the back, younger Katelyn girl.

^ October babies, the chocolate and Amelia photo bombing.

^ October babies w/ an older Bridgette baby. I was so sad to see the mottled with NO tail. I was told they were Cochin only to hatch mutts. Never will I buy from that BYCer again.

^ Most of the older crew. And Chippy (OEGB) to the right. The blue is my unthrifty from Luckypicken's eggs. She's older than the MFCs.

^ Smutty Buff Columbian. She's a doll baby.

^ October babies.

^ October babies w/ the older Katelyn girl photo bombing.

^ Older Crew.

^ Older Crew.

^ Midred & Millie - My original breeders. I don't know what happened to Mildred's tail... She did have nicer type when she was younger.

^ Millie, Mildred & Bridgette.

Byron was to busy trying to attack everyone not his girls, so no pics of him. He was sent to the ground floor during the photo shoot. Otherwise, that's the whole flock. No more. I do have the eggs in the 'bator that I will check tomorrow or Sunday for development. It'll be 7 days on Sunday.

ETA: Oh, if the flock does not sell... The plan is, Junior over Katelyn's 2 girls and the dark partridge based girl. If the calico fills out nice (which he looks like he's Mildred's son with that long back and most likely will be culled), he'll be over Amy and Amelia. The buff columbian looking girls will be put in with Beakman, my mottled rooster.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom