Mille Cochin Info

Quote:
Lynne, I think it is us who owe a huge Thank-you to you for all your hard work and dedication to the Mille Fleur project over these past years!
bow.gif

Well said Coopa and Msbear -
clap.gif

Thank you Lynne for all your hard work, love for these birds and dedication.
bow.gif

Coopa, Msbear & Horsefeatherz......thank you so much for the accolades.
hugs.gif
If it hadn't been for Msbear's exhaustive search for Mille Fleur Cochins, a few years ago, I never would have found BYC & this thread. I can honestly say that "you" & BYC have given me the dedication to continue with this project even though my knowledge of genetics is zip.

Coopa, you & Msbear have far surpassed most of us in your scope of this project & genetics. My progress has been hit & miss. I have been fortunate to establish good pattern in most of my birds but Nadine has "type" down to a science. This year I'm really going to dedicate my energy to "type" & I hope by Fall to have some birds that are "worthy" in that department.

This project will never be more to me than a loving hobby. So I leave it to all of you, with serious dedication, to get this loving & beautiful breed out there on the show circuit for all to enjoy. If there is ever anything I can offer , whether it be birds or advice, I am always here to help. My hat is off to everyone on this thread for helping to promote the Mille Fleur color. It is my pleasure to have so many wonderful people interested in working together toward a common goal.
thumbsup.gif

I'm just sick. Monday I lost 1/2 of my last hatch of milles. The waterer leaked and they got soaked, 10 of 21 gone.
hit.gif

Even worse - Tuesday my best mille roos, Jasper, was dead in the coop!!!!!! He was so beautiful. I hadn't taken any recent photos, he had filled out even better than this -
63162_dscn3328.jpg

I have 20 of his chicks hatched and at least a dozen eggs I can incubate. Saturday I sold one of the cockerels from the feb. hatch that had 4 boys out of 6 chicks and we ate a dozen eggs for breakfast that morning because I thought I had more than enough mille chicks. I feel terrible. I miss him so, he was the head crower.

Hi, everyone.

Popping in to remind everyone about the recognition awards.

We want to validate the efforts and contributions of our members who give sooo much. This community is special because of the efforts of its members, and we all want to honor that.

NOW: get to nominating, if you haven't already!

Remember, each BYC member may nominate one member each month for each of the three recognition categories: BYC Friend, BYC Educator, and BYC Spirit. That's three nominations each month, and we want to see more submissions!

Use the Nomination Submission Form to make your suggestions.

Thanks!

Quote:
OMG what a tragic couple of days for you. At least you have some of Jasper's chicks. Perhaps one of them will be just like his Daddy. Hang in there, we all know what you are going through
hugs.gif

I had 9 more mille fleur chicks from Jasper hatch Monday! Put 23 of "his"eggs in the in the incubator Monday - a few are 2 weeks old but maybe they will hatch. His three hens are still laying possibly fertile eggs - 3 yesterday and 3 more today. He sure was fertile, and I didn't trim his or his hen's vents! So far 41 of his hen's eggs hatched! I had a couple of stupid mishaps with 17 chicks and sold one so I have 24 in various stages of growing out. I am nervous about having so many but hope i get a couple of good roos like him!
Pic of his oldest cockerel and two of his pullets-
63162_dscn3468.jpg

I am seeing some vermillion red hackle and saddle feathers tipped in white like Jasper's on the cockerel.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom