Mille Fleur d'Uccle with chickens?

4yearsofchickens

Songster
Sep 22, 2020
South Central Pennsylvania
I recently saw a picture of a mfd'u (my abbreviation- it's a long one to type) and absolutely loved it! (I'm a sucker for pretty chickens) I was wondering, what is the best place to order them from, can I keep them with my regular chickens, and do they have the same space requirements as normal chickens?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201015-144223.png
    Screenshot_20201015-144223.png
    640.3 KB · Views: 101
Most of my bantams are in with my standard chickens. My standard rooster even mates them. I really love my D'uccles. Specially the porcelain D'uccle! My mom has a whole flock of the MF! I'm not sure where you could order them. I think she got hers from TSC or Rural king

I recently saw a picture of a mfd'u (my abbreviation- it's a long one to type) and absolutely loved it! (I'm a sucker for pretty chickens) I was wondering, what is the best place to order them from, can I keep them with my regular chickens, and do they have the same space requirements as normal chickens?

same here: our MFs and regular sized chickens are in one coop. are you looking for just MF hens? we had seven MFs hatch this spring and five of them turned out to be roosters:thi am looking for a good home for them as we already have three roosters and keeping more would not be healthy for the flock. they are very gentle and quite friendly! here's a couple of pictures of them (first one is the most current; they're starting to show different colors!), the next ones were taken a month ago sitting around and being handfed, and the next two are the pics of their chicken mama and papa).

Attachments

• MF 12 weeks.jpeg
    MF 12 weeks.jpeg
    910.4 KB · Views: 31
  • MFs at 8 weeks old.jpeg
    MFs at 8 weeks old.jpeg
    606.5 KB · Views: 27
  • MFs eating from hand.jpeg
    MFs eating from hand.jpeg
    483.4 KB · Views: 29
  • MF mama.jpeg
    MF mama.jpeg
    765.3 KB · Views: 26
  • MF papa.jpeg
    MF papa.jpeg
    709.1 KB · Views: 30
Thanks for the info! No I wasn't planning on getting any roosters (on purpose at least😂) we had one before and he would crow at all times of the day and night! We live in the middle of a sort of suburb area and the neighbors (and us) were getting annoyed by crowing at 2 in the morning 😟 so we had to re-home him. Thanks for the pics too! I'm thinking about building a smaller house and getting silkies and mfs just for fun☺️ I realized I would need more space than what my current house has.

Back
Top Bottom