Mille Fleur Leghorn Thread PIC HEAVY

You don't know if it is a MFL? They are expensive birds I doubt you would have one by accident. Looks more like a wheaten to me.
I'm thinking the egg seller accidentally shipped the egg with the others i bought. BUT it may be some other mille something, it needs to hurry up and get it's full feathers though, i'm dying to see the final thing

Hi Deann

I just saw your post and wanted to get your opinion. We have a flock of MFL and notice some lighter then other and just thought its slight color variation since this is still a work in progress.

Would you consider this cream/citron as your mentioning here or just a light mahogany? ( I'm thinking just Light mahogany)

Thanks for your thoughts.

Hi Deann

I just saw your post and wanted to get your opinion. We have a flock of MFL and notice some lighter then other and just thought its slight color variation since this is still a work in progress.

Would you consider this cream/citron as your mentioning here or just a light mahogany? ( I'm thinking just Light mahogany)

Thanks for your thoughts.

Yes they look Mahogany to me. Perhaps they are a little sun bleached is all . Were they darker as chicks?

Here is a photo of my Cream Colored birds. The cream seems to be in the line I got from the Omlette ranch since several hatched out cream.

Last edited:
Thats makes sense that the could have been sun bleached cause most of them were darker when they were younger.

Those cream colored ones are amazing looking.

Thanks for your input.

Hope I can continue to improve the MFL on my end

I have some light colored ones as well. I got them from you Deann. I'm not sure if they would be considered cream or not.....

Yes, this pair is leaning towards cream; They are not sun bleached since the cream color is on the chest and under carriage.

The genes are definitely in the line as I would say about 5-10%% of the birds I hatched had cream traits. I sold all the cream birds as pets and only used the darkest in my project and yet some babies still hatched out cream.

I kept the lightest Cream Pair as I had considered breeding a separate project of creams, but I have too many other irons in the fire to consider that right now. They are happy in the layer field so they can stay there until they either sell, or until a breeding pen opens up.

Back
Top Bottom