Mille Fleur Leghorn Thread PIC HEAVY

cherylcohen

The Omelet Ranch
10 Years
Sep 18, 2009
SF East Bay CA
My flock currently ranges in age from 6 1/2 to 9 months. Out of about 60 chicks I have 6 hens and 4 roosters to work with that have yellow legs. My goal is to bring these as close to the SOP of a white or brown leghorn. There is much work to be done on this project, it's so much fun! I've just started hatching from this flock. Can't wait to see how they grow out!

This variety is really curious. They come up to me for treats and generally follow me around. Very different than other leghorn varieties I've seen.

I don't plan to sell eggs or chicks until maybe the late spring/summer as I need to hatch out a lot so I can work with them.

Thanks so much for your interest!

41441_mfl_1221a.jpg

41441_mfl_1221b.jpg

41441_mfl_1221c.jpg

41441_mfl_1221d.jpg

41441_mfl_1221e.jpg

41441_mfl_1221f.jpg

41441_mfl_1221h.jpg

Last edited:
I am the luckiest girl!!! A wonderful gentleman contacted me and is sending his flock of mille fleur leghorns that he has worked with for over 5 years! He is no longer able to keep them and wanted me to be able to help continue with them.

I'm so tickled, I can't even explain. I'll report back with pictures when I get them, hopefully next week!

Has anyone come up with a trick to try to lure a bird back.

My Mille Fleur Leghorn jumped the 4' fence yesterday after being startled by a barking dog. The other birds are out today and I was hoping she would be drawn back by her coop, food and her sisters. So far, nothing. I drove around looking for her, but this birds coloration acts as excellent camouflage.
she will come back on her own, specially when it gets dark. I usually throw out corn and they all rush in from everywhere.

If i might say, i would dab some light brown blood in them to open up the tails and put some nice shape on them. Someone can correct me in weather this is a good or bad idea. As Walt said, that one pullet is nice, but really breed to open up the tails.

Zach

Back
Top Bottom