Mille Fleur Roo X Bantam Ameraucana

KAT_13

In the Brooder
May 13, 2023
My sweet splash Silkie went broody (first time experiencing this with any of my hens). So I decided to get a few bantam eggs for her, the Roo is a Mille Fleur and the hens are Milles and bantam Ameraucanas. I’m wondering if anyone knows what I should expect with a Mille bantam Ameraucana mix? Will the hens likely lay cream or blue? Also, any tips with a “natural hatching” and dealing with the rest of the flock? Thank you so much for your time and wisdom! ♥️

My sweet splash Silkie went broody (first time experiencing this with any of my hens). So I decided to get a few bantam eggs for her, the Roo is a Mille Fleur and the hens are Milles and bantam Ameraucanas. I’m wondering if anyone knows what I should expect with a Mille bantam Ameraucana mix? Will the hens likely lay cream or blue? Also, any tips with a “natural hatching” and dealing with the rest of the flock? Thank you so much for your time and wisdom! ♥️
Depending on is your Ameracaunas are true Ameracaunas or EE will depend on what colors you will get. I believe when breeding a white layer to a blue layer u should get light blue eggs. The Mille Fleur x Millie Fleur will give u pure Mille Fleur. Are your Mille Fleurs , Mille Fleur D’Uccles

In my experience with hatching the nature way marking the eggs with a permanent marker so you know which eggs to collect so u don’t grab eggs that have babies in them . Don’t use pencil bc it just rubs off. And u have a better chance of getting girls and a higher hatch rate.

Back
Top Bottom