mille fleur silkies

Quote:
yeah no kidding maybe you can sell them to project homes. Ok dumb question but do you have like a mock up picture so that you can try to strive for that. Kind of like a mock up mock up standard.

I know, I was getting carried away, I put heterozygous.. I jus was not paying attention
I wasn't saying F5 would I was saying keep offspring that had silkie feathers for project... Read more thoroughly next time
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
George's reasoning for breeding the cochin to the polish first (I've had the conversation with him many times) is to get a bird who is close to type, with the crest before crossing to silkies; his belief is that getting the bird back to type takes less time doing it that way than breeding to silkies first.

Quote:
George's reasoning for breeding the cochin to the polish first (I've had the conversation with him many times) is to get a bird who is close to type, with the crest before crossing to silkies; his belief is that getting the bird back to type takes less time doing it that way than breeding to silkies first.

Have you spoke to george about the project too?
He wants to see how it goes and keep me on track but he dnt wanna do it himself :p

Quote:
That's not right; it will give walnut unless the walnut combed bird is het. for rose and/or pea comb, in which case it could be rose or pea combed or single combed.

(r+/r+ p+/p+) plus (R/R P/P) gives all offspring (R/r+ P/p+) walnut combed

(r+/r+ p+/p+) plus (R/r+ P/P) gives 50/50 (r+/r+ P/p+) pea combed and (R/r+ P/p+) walnut combed

(r+/r+ p+/p+) plus (R/R P/p+) gives 50/50 (R/r+ P/p+) walnut combed and (R/r+ p+/p+) rose combed

(r+/r+ p+/p+) plus (R/r+ P/p+) gives all the above combinations, plus (r+/r+ p+/p+) single combed

Back
Top Bottom