millefleur maybe?

ZuckermansFamousPig

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 13, 2007
SW Idaho
sorry the scanner is down (-at the store because I can't afford one yet, lol) I bought four purebred bantam chicks this spring. One little hen has a light buff body, feathered feet like a cochin, and little black and white eyespots scattered all over her back and smaller ones on her breast. she has virtually no comb or wattles but the red skin of her face shows through giving her a rosy faced look. Gorgeous, shy in personality. Is this a Millefleur? sound familiar to anybody? I think the feed store said she was a Buff Cochin Bantam when I bought her but I don't think buff's have eyespots do they? hers are very prominent. the prettiest chicken I've ever had.

Here is Sasha, my Millie Fleur d'Uccle. Mille Fleur is a color, and d'uccle is a breed. They are a booted bantam, aka Belgaum d'Uccle.

Sasha is a little on the light side. Your girl probably has more vibrant colors.
Chickens011.jpg

Ooh, she is similar to that picture above, but without the cheek feathers and lighter in color, -a sort of light buff-beige, and the eyespots have more contrast. She has a very nice "bird body" form, kinda like a street pidgeon really. Funny but in personality she's very submissive and my silkie bosses her. I will check out the link also. Thanks.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom