Is this a Red Cochin? 15 weeks

The red one with the feathered feet may be a hatchery Wheaten Marans. TSC has been carrying them, and that's what my SGEs were supposed to be when they sold them to DH.

There's one I maybe saw with black hackles? She could be a Buff Brahma maybe? I never had Cochins though and I only see a couple partial pics of that bird.

The red one with the feathered feet may be a hatchery Wheaten Marans. TSC has been carrying them, and that's what my SGEs were supposed to be when they sold them to DH.

There's one I maybe saw with black hackles? She could be a Buff Brahma maybe? I never had Cochins though and I only see a couple partial pics of that bird.
IMG_9255.jpeg

IMG_8707.jpeg

This one is Tiny my kids’ favorite. lol she’s very…tiny. About half the size of the others. I assumed she was a bantam after a few weeks of her not growing any bigger 😆

View attachment 3550424
View attachment 3550429
This one is Tiny my kids’ favorite. lol she’s very…tiny. About half the size of the others. I assumed she was a bantam after a few weeks of her not growing any bigger 😆
Oh cool! Yeah it's hard to tell the size from a picture and you were saying Cochins, which are big, and Brahmas are big, but they both come in bantam varieties, too! 🌈 Very neat little chicken!

the white ones are a bit closer to the appearance of a Cochin, but still off a bit. Perhaps because they aren't matured, but they should be fluffier than that.

A real mystery!
Now I'm wondering if the white ones aren't hatchery French White Marans? I know the leg color is wrong but... Hatchery birds? Know what I'm sayin'?

Now I'm wondering if the white ones aren't hatchery French White Marans? I know the leg color is wrong but... Hatchery birds? Know what I'm sayin'?
Most likely. You cracked the code.

A month or so ago, someone was talking about wheaten Marans and how neat they are. I can't remember who, but I'd love to bring them here for some input. I feel like it was roosters, but may have not been.

But I think you totally nailed this one. Brilliant!

Back
Top Bottom