Millie D'Uccle question

Quote:
These guys were from a local farmer - the feed store went and picked them up for us when we were trying to find some day old chicks to go with our lonely EE.

One thing I'd like to *throw* out there is IF you are really interested in learning about conformation...(I have no idea if you birds are worth working with conformation wise or not) but bad color CAN be worth workin with IF the structure is Great...so just b/c his head is dark he might have other good things to offer.

I am interested in learning - have page marked the D'Uccle standard site. Was just curious if anyone had seen them have a head that dark that evened out over time. I really like the personality of this rooster and I even went to a local show and looked at what people were showing for Millies, but the reality is I live in the city and the ordinance states that I can not "impede upon the right of my neighbors to enjoy their property" including crowing, cackling, gobbling, etc. Sooo my neighbors are OK with one or two roosters crowing and I will have to make a choice of who I keep and who gets to find another loving home.
You do make a good point about conforming in body type. I will look into that.

Back
Top Bottom